Inflationary Cycle Finally Losing Momentum
- January Municipal Cost Index reaches highest value since 2008. Isaacs, Lindsay // American City & County Exclusive Insight;1/24/2011, p3
The article reports that American City & County's Municipal Cost Index January 2011 report is 3.2 percent higher than last year and highest since October 2008. It is mentioned that Municipal Cost Index is designed to show the effects of inflation on the cost of providing municipal services. The...
- Chapter 4. Prices. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Mar2002, p20
Discusses the price trends and inflation in Montenegro as of March 2002. Details of the price trends from October 2001 to January 2002; Factors that contributed to the price changes in products and services in Montenegro; Forecast on price trends and inflation.
- Chapter 4. Prices. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Jul2002, p24
Discusses the prices and inflation in Montenegro as of July 2002. Comparison of the price trends in April 2002 and March 2002; Information on products and services that caused the inflation in April 2002 compared to March 2002; Impact of the introduction of the Euro on inflation.
- Tradables and non-tradables inflation in Australia and New Zealand. Coleman, Andrew // Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin;Mar2007, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p45
This article presents a detailed comparison of price changes for non-tradable and tradable items in the CPI across Australia and New Zealand. The main result is that relative price movements in Australia and New Zealand are highly correlated in the medium term, although not in the very short...
- Drop in energy prices limits inflation. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;6/21/2002, p1
Reports on the consumer price index in Canada as of June 21, 2002. Reasons for the decrease in energy prices; Inflation; Prices in the food, shelter and transportation sectors.
- German prices stay tame. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/12/2013, pA02
Consumer prices rose 0.2% on the month in Nov. for a 1.3% annual inflation rate. Harmonized inflation was also 0.2% on the month, but rose 1.6% on the year. A 0.9% decline in energy prices helped mute the increases.
- October Price Statistics. // Economic Trends (07482922);Dec2008, p2
The article reports on how price indexes in the U.S. fared in October 2008. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) has declined at an annualized rate of 10.9 percent during the period. The core CPI has also decreased to 0.9 percent, its first price dip since December 1982. As energy and commodity prices...
- Revising Down Our Inflation Forecast. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Nov2006, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p5
The article focuses on inflation rates in Jamaica. Bank of Jamaica data showed that inflation decline has slowed down due to domestic supply constraints and higher commodity prices. In effect, Consumer Price Index is expected to rise to 8.5% at the end of the year. Year-end forecast for...
- Prices fall in Chile. // Market: Latin America;Feb2005, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the fall of commodity prices in Chile due to a decline in oil prices. List of commercial products affected by the price fall; Forecast of economists on the average decline of prices; Rate of inflation in 2003.