Political Risks To Remain Elevated
- Czech Republic: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2003, p31
Features political leaders and political parties in the Czech Republic. Historical background of the Christian and Democratic Union-Czechoslovak People's Party; Formation on the Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia; Educational and career background of Vaclav Havel, first president of the...
- the Czech Republic: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2005, p23
Presents information on the key political players in the Czech Republic. Heads of state; Labor leaders; Military leaders; Political parties.
- Czech Republic: Which Way Out Of The Deadlock? // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/31/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p19
The article focuses on the economic and political condition in Czech Republic as of July 2006. Establishing a sustainable parliamentary majority is proving to be a very elusive goal for Czech politicians. With the left and right wing blocs split precisely 100 seats each, any administration...
- Personalizace politiky v ÄŒeskÃ© republice. Pecháček, Štěpán // Politologicka Revue;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p93
The article deals with personalization of Czech politics. The author defines two basic concepts of the personalization: (1) a situation, i.e. political system is based on personalized institutions, e.g. presidents in presidential systems; (2) a process, i.e. political systems are continuously...
- Gross and the art of patience. // Prague Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p10
Comments on the in-fighting between Social Democrat party leaders in the Czech Republic. Question of public spending reform; Takeover of bank IPB; Global politics.
- Privatization to continue but parties differ on what, when and how. Johnstone, Chris // Prague Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p12
Focuses on the stand of political parties with regard to the privatization process in the Czech Republic. Importance of maintaining the strategic interest of the state according to the Communist Party; Policy on the sale of the shares of the state in Czech Telecom considered by the Social...
- Post-Zeman ...SSD will lack the force of a single, guiding personality. Machácek, Jan // Prague Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p8
Analyzes the political status of the Social Democratic Party in Czech Republic. Collaboration among the members of the party; Tolerance of political dirt and corruption within the party; Assessment on the leadership of Prime Minister MiloÅ¡ Zeman as a Social Democrat.
- The Coalition: What is it good for? What does it stand for? Macháček, Jan // Prague Business Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p8
Focuses on the role and importance of political coalitions in the Czech Republic. Scandals involving major political parties in the country; Behaviors of Czech voters toward politicians; Criticism against the political practices in the country.
- My Wish. Stránský, Martin Jan // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Winter2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p48
Focuses on the wish of the author that the Czech electorate and those whom they elect will mature. Identification of the religious and political pendulums of various external rulers and empires; Sustainability of the democratic constitution of the country; Dissatisfaction of the politicians.