Motorola Assures, Ericsson Warns
- Mobile phone makers work on standard. Taaffe, Joanne // InfoWorld;07/07/97, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p57
Reports on the development of the Wireless Application Protocol, a standard for accessing Internet services through a mobile phone, by mobile phone manufacturers, Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia Mobile Phones and Unwired Planet. Key elements of the protocol; Companies' plans to make the protocol...
- Communications Equipment in China. // Communications Equipment Industry Profile: China;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Communications Equipment industry in China. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Mobile Giants join Forces. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p16
Reports that handset manufacturing companies, Alcatel SA of France, Ericsson AB of Sweden, Motorola Inc. of the United States and Siemens AG of Germany have joined together to promote enhanced messaging services (EMS). What EMS enables end-users; What EMS offers to service providers; Handset...
- Swinging Look for Cellphones. Kirschner, Suzanne Kantra; Everett, Jenny // Popular Science;May2002, Vol. 260 Issue 5, p13
Introduces the V70 cellular telephone from Motorola. Features of the phone; Price.
- MoviStar and Motorola team up for Moto Moda. Rentas-Giusti, Laura // Caribbean Business;3/27/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p41
Reports on Motorola Inc.'s launching of phones at the San Juan Fashion Week in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Partnership with wireless provider MoviStar and former Miss Puerto Rico Desiree Lowry to introduce V601 and T720 models; Advertising campaign launched in 2002.
- An example of an editor and publisher being on the same
page. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/25/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p26
A 300-page illustrated history of Motorola Inc. with about same importance of one of Schaumburg, Illinois-based company's original cellular phones mentions the eight-track tape player production of 10-millionth accelerometer sensor and even a 1941 offering called Playboy radio. But there's nary...
- Communications Equipment in Japan. // Communications Equipment Industry Profile: Japan;January 2003, pN.PAG
Presents a profile of the Communications Equipment industry in Japan. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Ericsson accessories converge wireless, audio. Palenchar // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/20/99, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p47
Reports on telephone supplies vendor Ericsson's plan to introduce several cellular telephone accessories in the year 2000. Features and functions of the MP3 player; FM radio receiver; Chatboard keyboard.
- Ericsson readies Bluetooth headset for wireless phones. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/20/99, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p48
Reports on telephone supplies company Ericsson's plan to introduce a headset for its Bluetooth-enabled T28 World cellular telephone. Features and functions; Price.