- Forum hopes to speed wireless adoption. // Frontline Solutions;Jul2000, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p49
Reports on the establishment of the Mobile Management Forum. Need to identify key challenges facing early adopters of wireless devices and applications; Identification of key areas to focus on; Other vendor consortia working on wireless technology standards.
- Effort underway for a new wireless LAN standard. Dix, John // Network World;09/20/99, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p46
Comments on the HiperLan/2 Global Forum's efforts to promote the HiperLan/2 wireless local area network (LAN) standards. Details of the wireless LAN standards.
- Task group seeks wireless interoperability. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p3
Analyzes proposals on testing equipment from major technical laboratories by Broadband Wireless Internet Forum. Absence of standards on utilizing wireless technology; Advantages of uniform wireless standard; Consideration of proposals from organizations worldwide by subset team.
- Confluence Of Stream(ing) Media. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p22
Reports on the move of the Wireless Multimedia Forum (WMF) to establish a global standard for wireless multimedia. Increasing popularity of wireless multimedia; Working groups created by WMF; Aims of the forum.
- Group Submits OFDM Standard To IEEE. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p36
Reports on the wireless communication standard proposed by the OFDM Forum, a forum created to foster the use of wideband orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Other groups which proposed a wireless standard; Importance of an...
- Revenge of the Tech-Heads. // Euronet;Apr2001, Issue 10, p12
Discusses the continued development of third generation wireless technology despite the cautious attitude taken by investors towards the sector. Plans of the HiperLAN2 Global Forum to develop a type of convergence layer with will enable HyperLAN2 to interwork with third generation cellular...
- Forum releases near field comms architecture and specifications. // Electronics Weekly;6/14/2006, Issue 2245, p12
The article reports that the technology architecture and five specifications have been unveiled for near field communication (NFC) technology by industry association, the NFC Forum. The specifications, which will be available in the third quarter, are: data exchange format, record type...
- Wireless Multimedia Forum celebrates first birthday. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p46
Reports on Wireless Multimedia Forum's bid to develop a framework for content that must be written just once for delivery to any device in any network.
- Forum To Push Entertainment. // Wireless Week;10/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p12
Announces the launching of the dedicated Americas operation of the Mobile Entertainment Forum on October 14, 2002 in Los Angeles, California. Goal of the group; Leaders of the organization.