TeleVigation: It's a Snap
- A better, cheaper plan for `Free Flight' now. Tatge, Scott; Baiada, R. Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 12, p68
Offers a proposal for a Free Flight system that would be cheaper than the options being explored as of September 1996 by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other agencies. The delay before benefits from Free Flight will likely be realized; Norman Watts-Prediction Resolution Analysis...
- AltAlert now displays GPS info. Goyer, Robert M. // Flying;Apr96, Vol. 123 Issue 4, p42
Reports on the Icarus Instruments AltAlert 3070G altitude alerting instrument. Capabilities; Specifications; Enhancements; Pricing; Availability; Contact information.
- Trimble GPS okayed for IFR. // Flying;Feb1994, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p34
Announces Trimble's TNL 2100T GPS Navigator has qualified for IFR en route and terminal navigation with an STC for installation. The STC testing was accomplished in a Beech King Air 200. Previous TSO approval; Additional STCs expected; Costs; Contact point for more information.
- SkyNav gets European approvals. // Flying;Feb1994, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p34
Announces Magellan's SkyNav 5000 GPS receiver has been granted approval by both French and German authorities for installation and VFR navigation in light aircraft. Price; Upgrades; Contact point for more information.
- GPS test. Benenson, Tom // Flying;Feb1994, Vol. 121 Issue 2, p66
Compares five portable GPSes designed with pilots in mind. Flight tests of Garmin's GPS 95 AVD, II Morrow's GPS 920, Magellan's NAV 5000A, Sony's Pyxis IPS-760 and Trimble's Flightmate Pro; The manuals; Keyboard comparisons; Comparisons of features; Performance; What comes in the standard...
- New Inertial/GPS Nav System delivered to Navy. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun94, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p4
Reports that Litton's Guidance & Control Systems Division of California delivered to the US Navy the Global Positioning Inertial Navigation Assembly. Combination of lightweight package high-accuracy laser gyro sensors and precise Global Positioning System satellite signal receiver; Advance...
- NASA melds new technologies to aid airport taxiing. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/4/1996, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p45
Reports the US National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA) is testing an integrated Taxiway Navigation and Situation Awareness (T-NASA) technology. The system designed to speed and increase the safety of future aircraft taxi operations at large airports during low-visibility weather...
- Filter center. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/19/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p55
Presents developments in aeronautical navigation. Modular GPS/INS for flight test by Rockwell and Deutsche Aerospace; Installation of global positioning systems by Japan's air self-defense force; Supply by Sextant Avionique of Topstar 100-1 GPS receiver to Eurocopter France for installation in...
- Flight management systems expo. George, Fred; Gormley, Mal // Business & Commercial Aviation;Aug93, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p51
Compares on the various flight management systems (FMS) available in the market. Basic criteria; Glossary of terms; Definition; Terms used in Features and function; Prices; Rating.