N.J. Attorney General Moves on Trust Fund Ballot Measure
- Plague of women vipers. // Human Events;6/30/95, Vol. 51 Issue 25, p19
Reports on criticism against the League of Women Voters by the California State Assembly. Assemblyman Curt Pringle's attack on the group's support of a tax increase in Orange County; Criticism against other actions of the league.
- League of women voters uses program as Medicare platform. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;11/20/98, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p4
Reports on a public dialogue sponsored by the League of Women Voters of Tarrant County, Texas that discussed the Medicare program. Nationwide effort to get feedback for a report on the fate of the Medicare program; Passage of Medicare law by President Lyndon B. Johnson in July 1965;...
- League of Women Voters marks 95 years. // Arab American News;2/28/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1516, p05
The article highlights the 95th anniversary celebration of the League of Women Voters of Dearborn and Dearborn Heights, Michigan on February 19, 2015 at Byblos Banquet Hall.
- Court nixes Colorado's road plan. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p1
Discusses the implication of the Colorado Supreme Court's rejection of a proposed $1.3-billion state transportation finance plan. Rationale behind the ruling; Creation of a multiyear debt under the state's constitution; Effects of the ruling on lease-backed municipal debt.
- South Carolina SIB expects high ratings for upcoming transportation deals. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p8
Reports that the South Carolina State Infrastructure Bank Board expects high ratings for its planned $1.5 billion bonds intended for transportation projects. Description of projects to finance; Questions on possible tax hikes; Possible sources of debt service.
- Florida to sell $200 million of DOT bonds. Laterman, Kaya // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p2
Reports on the state of Florida's plans to sell $200 million of Department of Transportation right-of-way acquisition and bridge construction bonds.
- Wary Portfolio Managers Don't Hurt Northwest Airlines Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p6
Focuses on transportation-related bonds in the high-yield sector in the United States. Minneapolis-Saint Paul Metropolitan Airports Commission's issuance of nonrated special facility for Northwest Airlines; Portfolio managers' concern about airline-backed deals.
- Missouri democrats: $2B or not $2B for roads? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p36
Reports on the proposed $2 billion bonding plan for transportation projects in Missouri. Terms under the plan; Supporters of the plan.
- TEXAS Austin Takes It to the Street. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p9
The article offers information about 140 million U.S. dollar being a part of general obligation bond referendum for the transportation projects in Austin, Texas and informs that the bonds would finance street, sidewalks and hiking and biking trails.