Bank of New York Named Fiscal Agent for New York City
- Depository receipt BBS. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;8/05/96, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p51
Reports that the Bank of New York has announced a depository receipt electronic bulletin board called Depository Receipt Communication Exchange.
- Would Alexander Hamilton approve? // U.S. Banker;Aug95, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the Bank of New York's furious buying spree of the securities processing operations of other banks. Projection of asset growth to nearly $3 trillion by end-95; Purchase of NationsBank Corp.'s corporate trust unit in early June 1995; Acquisition in late May 1995 of J.P. Morgan & Co.'s...
- Credit debacle, part II. Milligan, J.W. // U.S. Banker;Aug96, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the effects of Bank of New York Co.'s decision to strengthen loss reserves for credit card loans by $350 million. Combination with mortgage lending; Banking experts' comments regarding loan crisis.
- Bank of New York to S&P 500. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p8
No abstract available.
- A victory in the big bank raid. // Newsweek;10/17/88, Vol. 112 Issue 16, p58
Discusses the $1.45 billion hostile takeover of Irving Bank by the Bank of New York. See also (US News, 10/17/88, 1bw, p62, 1/12p)
- Bank of N.Y. plans to bring marketer's brokers in-house. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;7/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 142, p12
Presents information on the Bank of New York Company's retail securities brokerage program. Plans of the banking company to hire an estimated 60 investment representatives from Essex Corporation; Comments from John Pugliese, a senior vice president of the banking company; Benefits of bringing...
- BONY pressed to plunge into merger mania. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;9/11/95, Vol. 11 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the pressure on the Bank of New York (BONY) to be merged with other banks. Banks interested in the bank; Benefits from acquiring BONY; Bank mergers that pose a business threat on BONY; Possible banks that BONY could acquire.
- Bank of N.Y. profits jump 10%; securities processing fees cited. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;7/21/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 137, p8
Presents statistical information on the Bank of New York Company, focusing on the ten percent increase of profits to $295 million in the second quarter, particularly in securities processing. Statistical information on the bank; Value of an annualized return on equity posted by the $63...
- Bank of New York issues notes in plan to shed expensive debt. Layne, Richard // American Banker;12/1/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 228, p22
Reports of Bank of New York Co.'s issuance of ten-year subordinated notes. Sale via competitive bid; Selling concession and reallowance; Cost of issuance; Rating by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; Redemption of outstanding equity-contract notes; Demand for bank credit.