Bridgeport Readies 1st Pension Bond Sale Under State Oversight
- New York City Forced to Get Creative In Handling Ballooning Budget Deficits. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p3
Reports on the decision of the city officials for closing the projected out-year gaps for financing local government bonds in New York City. Failure to achieve debt service savings; Remarks from former comptroller Alan Hevesi on the issue; Discussion on policy changes by the officials.
- JeffCo Relies on Insurer for April 1 GO Warrant Payment. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;4/3/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33888, p5
The article reports that Jefferson County, Alabama has suspended paying debt service on its outstanding general obligation (GO) warrants for a year until such debt service can be restructured under the county's plan of adjustment.
- Upscale CCRC Taps Reserves. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p1
The article reports that Clare at Water Tower, an upscale continuing care retirement community (CCRC), has tapped 554,000 dollars from its debt-service reserves to pay its November 15, 2009 debt-service in Chicago, Illinois. The CCRC struggled to meet its financial projections due to cost...
- Georgia County Prepares Sewer Deal As Atlanta Does Same. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p30
Reports on the marketing of water and sewer bonds by Fulton County in Georgia. Improvement of the water system; Payment of the county's share of the cost of expanding the Atlanta/Fulton Plant; Source of funding for the debt service restitution.
- N.J. to Make Debt Service Payments for Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p4
Focuses on New Jersey's plan to make debt service payments to cover the stranded costs of solid-waste facilities' revenue bonds. Failed experiment with legislative waste flow control; Joint Budget Operations Committee's approval of debt service payments for the Atlantic County Utility Authority...
- Miami-Dade County Selling $300M for Public Health Trust. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p3
Reports on the sale of new money and refunding revenue bonds by the Miami-Dade County for the benefit of the Public Health Trust in Florida. Allocation of funds for building and renovations at Jackson Memorial Hospital; estimation of the net present value savings; Bond ratings; Replacement of...
- Arena Bonds To Be Refinanced. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p11
The article reports on the clearance given by the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) of Michigan to Jay Fowler, the DDA board's executive director, to process the refinancing of the package that helped build Van Andel Arena. The bonds will be purchased by the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority...
- ARKANSAS: Deal Holdup Halts Park Plans. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33035, p7
The article reports that Little Rock, Arkansas officials has put on hold the plan of renovating its city parks with $6.4 million of savings from refinancing of the $16.5 million of park bonds. Accordingly, city directors has approved the extension of the bonds; maturity, however, finance...
- Atlantic City Receives Extension on State Loan. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;4/6/2015, p1
Atlantic City, N.J. has received a 60-day extension on a $40 million state loan due on March 31 on the heels of an emergency manager report that suggested bond restructuring as a possible solution to boost the struggling city's finances.