At Last, Dallas Voters Hand DART a Mass-Transit Mandate
- DALLAS VOTERS TO DECIDE FUNDS FOR CITY'S LIGHT RAIL EXPANSION. Roe, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/26/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 25, p19
Reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) board is seeking voter approval for its long-term financing program to accelerate construction of future light rail systems with an election in August 2000 in Dallas, Texas. Financing program of DART; Projects to be started if the financing...
- DART May Take Another Shot at Using Bonds to Finance Light Rail. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30891, p3
Reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority in Texas is apparently preparing to consider another bond referendum to win the public's support for its proposed light rail system. Long-term financing through bonds; Financial reserves; Agenda in board workshops scheduled in May 2000.
- Dallas agency to use variable-rate notes for light-rail expansion deal. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p3
Discusses the Dallas Area Rapid Transit agency's shift from commercial paper to variable-rate demand notes for its multi-million financing of the continued expansion of a light rail system. Issuance of the notes as weekly floaters; Repayment with federal grants; Expected amount of the contract.
- Dallas Rapid Transit Responds to Challenges From SEC, Investors. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p7
Announces the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority's (DART) decision to develop an electronic disclosure program that goes beyond the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's disclosure requirements. SEC challenge for all issuers and bond lawyers to improve disclosure in the secondary...
- Transit Group Turns to E-mail. Schultz, Ray // Direct;Jan2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the use of an e-mail marketing campaign for Trinity Express, a commuter train service between Dallas and Fort Worth in Texas, by the agency Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART). Results of the campaign according to Pugh & Co., which created the campaign; Background on Trinity Express;...
- DART Deal Boosted By BABs. Williamson, Richard; Saskal, Rich; Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p1
The article reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) has made $1 billion bond issue in Texas on June 16, 2009. It notes that the deal is expected to make history to the bond market as it is the largest deal made in the Southwestern States for the year. Moreover, DART believes that the...
- DART Board Chairwoman Resigns Following Forged-Letter Allegations. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p28
The article reports on the resignation of Lynn Flint Shaw as chairwoman of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) in Texas. He decision came following allegations about a purportedly forged documents she presented to avoid repaying a personal debt. Shaw believes that her personal problems have become...
- Munis Little Changed in Light Session; $100 Million of DARTs Hit Primary. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31458, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2002. Sale of municipal bonds by the Dallas Area Rapid Transit; Annual rate of home sales; Price designated to the tax revenue bonds of Siebert Brandford Shank & Co.
- Supply Set to Begin Climbing Back Up; DART Readies $829M. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p7
The article reports that the Dallas Area Rapid Transit Authority (DART) in Texas had issued the largest deal amounting to 829 million dollars of the bonds consisting of 95 million dollars of Series 2010 A tax-exempt senior-lien bonds and 729 million dollars of Series 2010 taxable Build America...