Calif. Bill May Force State to Use Tobacco Money for Health Care
- Congress in Deal on Medicare 'Givebacks'. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31000, p5
Reports that United States House and Senate lawmakers have reached a deal that may allow final passage of the Medicare 'givebacks' bill that would restore funding to help health care providers. Benefits of the proposed funding increase to the health care sector; Amount of funding restored as...
- A break for new County Hosp. Oloroso Jr., Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;6/20/94, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the financial impact of a provision in the proposed health reform legislation which subsidizes county borrowing needed to build new hospitals. Arguments for the provision under the managed competition approach to health reform; Types of financial assistance under the proposed...
- Senate at work as House passes GOP budget plan. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;5/22/95, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the passage of a Republican budget plan by the US House of Representatives which would cap Medicare spending and Medicaid over a period of seven years. Rejection of an alternative proposal for budget reduction by the Democrats; Preparation of a separate budget reduction bill by the...
- Reports to Congress. // Health Care Financing Review;Spring96, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p307
Presents summaries of health care financing-related reports from the Secretary of Health and Human Services released to the US Congress in the first quarter of 1996.
- Blue Dog budget takes bigger bite out of hospitals. Cassil, Alwyn // AHA News;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the budget proposal released by the conservative House Democrats known as Blue Dogs, that would reduce Medicare hospital payments in the United States. Total Medicare savings through 2002; Sources of the Medicare hospital reduction; Requirements on the plan for hospitals and health...
- Rudd and Abbott play political football with our health. Clee, Jacqui // Green Left Weekly;5/5/2010, Issue 835, p6
In this article, the author discusses the need for a big increase in all areas of health care immediately after decade of under-funding in Australia in 2010.
- Health-care pulse. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;5/16/94, Vol. 243 Issue 10, p71
Reports on developments in the health care reform in the United States. Tax increases expected by House Ways & Means Chairman Rostrenowski to pay for health reform; Backing for the value-added tax; Reconsideration of the idea on taxing health benefits that workers get from employers in...
- In brief... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jul97, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p11
Presents various issues and regulations relating to health financial management. Updating of the reasonable compensation equivalency (RCE) limits for physicians; Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of final regulations on the arbitrage restrictions applicable to tax-exempt bonds issued by...
- 'Walling off' Medicare will protect the program. // AHA News;03/26/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p6
Editorial. Comments on the proposal to divert Medicare Part A funds from their intended purpose in the United States. Implications of a Congressional resolution over the financing of the prescription drug plan of President George W. Bush; Health care challenge faced by Congress.