Chicago May Sell Bonds For Bears
- Lawmakers must closely read Soldier Field blitz. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p10
Focuses on the proposed rehabilitation of Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois, into a state-of-the-art stadium for the Chicago Bears football team. Net value of bonds to be issued to cover part of renovation expenses; Credits for the revamp of the Soldier Field stadium.
- Soldier Field Plan Must Run Gauntlet of Illinois Politics. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p22
Focuses on the plan to renovate the Soldier Field stadium in Chicago, Illinois, the home of the Chicago Bears football team. Total amount for the proposed renovation; Revenue bond component of the renovation budget; Contribution of the Bears team to the renovation.
- Bears need third stadium play. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;12/4/95, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the football team, Chicago Bears' search for a stadium. Alternatives being considered by Michael McCaskey, president and chief executive officer of the team; Failure of the Soldier Field stadium to meet the Bears' financial and design criteria; Environmental problems in building a...
- Stadium's road paved with favors. McCormick, Brian; Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the renovation of the Soldier Field stadium, home of the Chicago Bears football team in Chicago, Illinois. Beneficiaries of the renovation project; Projected costs of the renovation project; Key aspects of the project.
- Soldier of fortune. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;10/23/95, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p1
Reports on problems concerning efforts to renovate the football stadium Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois. Cost of proposed renovation; Dependence of proposal on Chicago Bears' commitment to a 30-year lease. INSET: What's at stake for Skidmore..
- Dome troubled, soldier rehab eyed. Borden, Jeff; Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/18/95, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the reaction of the owners of the United Center to the disinterest of the Chicago City Hall in subsidizing a domed stadium for the Chicago Bears. Rehabilitation of the Soldier Field; Cost of maximizing the premium seats; Letter of the owners of United Center to the Metropolitan Pier...
- Bears extend stadium play time. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;1/29/96, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the Chicago Bears baseball team's extension of its deadline for a stadium proposal in Chicago, Illinois. Prospects for the renovation of Soldier Field Stadium; Impact of the deadline extension to the team; Possible alternatives to Soldier Field.
- Bears could score big with naming rights. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p46
Reports on the potential earnings from the Chicago Bears football team's sale of naming rights to the Soldier Field stadium in Chicago, Illinois. Terms and conditions of the sale of naming rights for the stadium; Other naming-rights transactions that serve as benchmarks for the naming-rights...
- Chicago Bears extend Soldier Field lease. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/05/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30592, p2
Reports that the Chicago Bears football team and the city of Chicago, Illinois, have wrapped up negotiations on an extension of the team's lease to play in the Soldier Field Stadium. Terms of the agreement; Plans of the team to build a new stadium.