- The adventures of National Geographic. // National Geographic World;Jan88, Issue 149, p21
The first in a series of articles which celebrate the National Geographic Society's 100th birthday by profiling explorers and their adventures. Hiram Bingham discovered the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu, Peru, in 1911. Dr. Sylvia Earle walked the ocean floor at 1,250 feet deep in 1979; Army...
- The adventures of National Geographic, part.. // National Geographic World;Apr88, Issue 152, p12
Third in a series of articles celebrating the first century of the National Geographic Society. Article features the May 1, 1963 ascent to the 29,028 foot Mount Everest in Nepal and Robyn Davidson's 1,700 mile journey across Australia's outback by camel in 1977.
- The adventures of National Geographic. // National Geographic World;Aug88, Issue 156, p22
Part five of a series celebrating the National Geographic Society's first 100 years, this photo essay with text describes Dr. Eugenie Clark's studies of sharks, teenage Robin Lee Graham's five year solo trip around the world in a sailboat and Frenchman Jacques-Yves Cousteau's inventions that...
- Be there! // National Geographic World;Aug95, Issue 240, p13
Lists events relevant to the `National Geographic' junior members covering August 1995 and activities occurring all year-round. Schedule and venue; Contact information.
- More about you. // National Geographic World;Sep95, Issue 241, p3
Presents information on Junior Members of the National Geographic Society. Includes estimated number of members; Hobbies; Favorite department in the magazine `National Geographic World.'
- Mission: Discovery. // National Geographic World;Sep95, Issue 241, p4
Presents an update on the endeavors of the National Geographic Society to help scientists explore the various facets of the world. Includes zoologist George Scheller's research in Brazil; Robert Ballard's Pacific Ocean exploration; Rosalind Alp's research on wild chimpanzees in Africa.
- Update. // National Geographic World;Sep95, Issue 241, p21
Reports that Junior Members of the National Geographic Society have pledged to help protect wildlife.
- International push at National Geographic. Walker, David // Photo District News;Aug97, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p15
Announces that a new Spanish edition of National Geographic Society's periodical will be published in Latin America and Spain during the fall of 1997. Strategy to increase revenues; Publication of foreign language editions through joint venture partnership; Goal for circulations in regions.
- Geography Awareness Week, November 17-23. // Library Talk;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the availability of a teacher's packet for the 1996 National Geography Awareness Week from the National Geographic Society.