IRS Auditing 1999 School COPs
- IRS to Audit 40 Deals Over Penalties. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit 40 tax-exempt governmental bond issues beginning January 2003. Reasons for the audit; Areas to be examined by IRS; Penalty for the issuers not meeting payment requirements of arbitrage.
- Government Does a Poor Job of Respecting Online Privacy. Kemp, Jack // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p35
Reports on the United States government's respect to online privacy. U.S. Internal Revenue Service's downloading of electronically filed tax forms; Security of government computer systems; Computer security products.
- Stocks/debt loss allocations. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on tax regulations from United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) affecting the allocation of loss recognized on the disposition of stock assets.
- Mark-to-market regs released. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines on the regulation of securities. Effectivity of guidelines.
- IRS seeks to fill two positions in new government operating division. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p5
Reports on United States Internal Revenue Service's search for professionals with experience in municipal bonds and management to fill positions for the additional division of the agency. Overseeing of government finance and other issues.
- IRS releases advice on allocating expenditures for arbitrage purposes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30504, p5
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's release of a technical advice memorandum that shows issuers how it expects them to allocate expenditures from bond proceeds and account for them for arbitrage purposes. Types of deals for which the memorandum is applicable; Terms of the...
- IRS Plans to Notify Issuers of Settlement. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p36
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to write to all issuers whose bonds are included in any global yield-burning settlement to inform them of the resolution of taxability questions. Audit investigation launched by the IRS into the yield burning that allegedly...
- FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. May, Gregory; Kennard, Alan L.; Stevens, Matthew A. // Tax Lawyer;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1189
Focuses on developments on taxation of financial transactions in the U.S. Scope of the regulations issued by the Internal Revenue Service dealing with qualified reopenings of debt securities; Applicability of rules on the capitalization interest expense and carrying costs for straddles; Cases...
- IRS Ends Audit of Florida Health Care ARS With No Status Change. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;9/20/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33585, p4
The article reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has accomplished its auditing task for Health Facilities Authority's auction-rate securities worth 51.1 million U.S. dollars in Orange County, Florida.