Pittsburgh's Grand Redevelopment Plan Bogs Down
- Revitalizing the State's Urban Centers. Rose, Gary // njbiz;4/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p7
The author reflects on the issue regarding the revitalization of New Jersey's urban centers. According to the author, New Jersey is one of the wealthiest states in the U.S., yet thousands of New Jerseyans have low incomes and few opportunities for advancement. He adds that the state's urban...
- Upgrading and downgrading within the metropolitan region of Rotterdam, 1970-90. Meulenbelt, Karin // Urban Studies (Routledge);Aug94, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p1167
Studies upgrading and downgrading in the metropolitan region of Rotterdam, Netherlands from 1970-1990. Theoretical approaches on upgrading and downgrading; Government intervention in the Dutch housing market; Societal changes; Hypotheses; Mapping upgrading and downgrading; Case studies.
- BARANGAROO REGENERATION PLEDGES GREEN STAR. // Building Economist;Mar2013, p3
The article reports that the Lead Lease urban regeneration project at Barangaroo announced its part as a pilot project for the Green Star--Communities PILOT rating tool in Sydney, New South Wales.
- Newark Rising. // njbiz;11/19/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 48, Special section p6
This article focuses on the revival of the city of Newark in New Jersey. It explains that Newark is the third oldest city in the U.S. The opening of the Prudential Center Area in October 2007 will give the city an economic boost and along with promises of further renewal and redevelopment,...
- Chula Vista Looks to Redevelop West Side. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p3
The article reports that Chula Vista, California, is in the process of producing a catalyst for urban redevelopment in the western half of the county's second largest city. The private, nonprofit corporation will be similar to the Centre City Development Corps, the planning and development...
- Even pancakes have sprawl limits. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/26/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p13
Opinion. Discusses urban development in Indiana. Link between population losses and city growth; Commercial development; Abandonment of residential areas; Use of federal and state funds in development; Destruction of small towns and small businesses.
- Tenants, planners share Grand ideas for Baldwin blight. Winzelberg, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/5/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 47, p5A
The article focuses on the urban renewal plan for the town of Hempstead, New York. About 20 properties are directed in the town's renewal proposal including retail stores, bars, and apartments. The town will develop a new building to attract nationally known retailers and restaurants. Hempstead...
- Turning the corner in the Faubourg Marigny. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/23/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4
Hails the efforts of residents to revitalize Faubourg Marigny in New Orleans, Louisiana. Participation of various residents in the initiatives to revitalize the area during the 1980s and 1990s; Impact of the revitalization of Fauborg Marigny on the prices of real property in the area.
- It's Real, It's Happening, It's a New NEWARK. // njbiz;7/28/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 31, Special section p6
The article presents information on the improvement program for the city of Newark in New Jersey. A 10- year-plan to boost the city's retail, residential and business growth is pursued by the Newark Downtown District (NDD), a nonprofit organization established for Newark's transformation. The...