BPA Wants To Refund WPPSS Debt
- Energy Northwest's $400M Deal Called One With Dual Purpose. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p1
Reports on plans of the company Energy Northwest in Washington to sell multimillion dollars worth in revenue bonds in a negotiated refunding deal on November 28, 2001. Purpose of the deal; Debt extension program partnered by the company Bonneville Power Administration and Energy Northwest;...
- Power hungry. Kriz, Margaret // National Journal;3/8/97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p448
Focuses on the possible deregulation of the federal Bonneville Power Administration in the Pacific Northwest. Proposal of Pacific Northwest governors' panel on the retail electric revenues; Protest of environmentalist and native American leaders on the plan; Need for a solution that satisfy not...
- Web site offers energy efficiency venue. Cissna, Tami // Electric Light & Power;Jul98, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p18
Reports that the Bonneville Power Administration has created an online service, the Northwest Energy Efficiency Business Listing.
- Skeptics weigh in as Northwest power agency braces for deregulation. Eurich, Heather J. // Bond Buyer;07/10/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30184, p5
Reveals the plan of Pacific Northwest officials to prepare the Bonneville Power Administration to compete in a deregulated electric market. Concerns on the administration's repayment of its debt to the US Treasury; Plans on the separation of the agency's marketing and transmission functions.
- Buying up Bonneville. Marois, Michael B.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/16/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30769, p1
Reports on the plan of four Pacific Northwest states to buy the Bonneville Power Administration. Building of consensus with local political leaders; Need for the inclusion of provisions for the payment of the agency's debts.
- Newslines REGIONAL. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2002, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p68
Presents news briefs on fishing and eel-grass planting in the United States as of January 2002. Lawsuit filed against the Bonneville Power Administration (PBA) for cancelling the distribution of water needed by migrating salmon in the Northwest; Details of a study conducted by the Gulf Coast...
- BPA to bump rates 46 percent. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/12/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 15, pA2
Reports on Portland, Oregon-based Bonneville Power Administration's electric rate increase, effective October 1, 2001.
- Northwest Power Provider Will Not Raise Rates as High as Predicted. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p43
Reports the refusal of Bonneville Power Administration to raise power rates in the Pacific Northwest. Efforts of cutting required energy load; Edge of the Pacific Northwest from other regions; Forecasts on power shortages.
- Northwest States look to buy Bonneville. Marois, Michael B.; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p1A
Reports on the plan of Pacific Northwest states top buy the Bonneville Power Administration.