Mississippi Governor Calls for Special `Prosperity' Session
- Mississippi's Musgrove Stands Firm on Broadening Economic Program. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p32
Reports on Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove's continued call to expand the state's economic development program despite constant questions from lawmakers about funding shortages. Subject of the state of the state address in January 2001; Expansion of the Advantage Mississippi Initiative;...
- MISSISSIPPI. M. O. // Hill;6/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 76, p12
The article reports on the plan of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to tie former Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to corruption.
- Miss. Governor Submits Budget With Shortfall Fix; Rating Agencies Watchful. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove's budget proposal. Proposed reduction in government spending; Legislators' reactions to Musgrove's proposal.
- 2-Year Bachelor's Could Solve Nursing Dilemma. Garmon, John // Community College Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p4
Deals with the plan of Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to prioritize the educational needs of the state's community colleges. Details on the community college years of Musgrove and his wife, Melanie; Political career of Musgrove.
- Governor wants budget input. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p8
Reveals that Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove has presented budget recommendations to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee. Who controls the budgeting process.
- Mississippi Gov. Promises Veto of Reserve Spending Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p4
Mississippi legislators on March 31, 2003 used much of the state's reserves to build the 3.6 billion dollar budget for fiscal 2004, a move which potentially places pressure on the state's credit rating. Governor Ronnie Musgrove said he would veto the Legislature's budget plan, setting the stage...
- Mississippi: Wicker tops Musgrove in second quarter. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;7/17/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 83, p18
The article reports on the success of Senator Roger Wicker in outraising his rival Governor Ronnie Musgrove by $200,000, allowing him to keep his seat in Mississippi.
- Parents Tuition Credit. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p31
Reports on the proposal of Governor Ronnie Musgrove allowing parents of a full-time public/private college students to claim a tax credit for tuition in Mississippi.
- Higher Education Funding Cuts Prompt Public Outcry. Bradley, Gwendolyn // Academe;May/Jun2001, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the reduction in state spending on public higher education for 2001, announced by Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove. Statistics on cuts made over the course of the year; Reduction in spending on public universities in Mississippi.