Colorado Voters May Face Growth-Limits Question
- TIF Ruling Imminent. SeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/25/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32204, p35
Reports that the First Circuit Court of Appeals could rule in a case involving bonds for a tax increment finance (TIF) district in Denham Springs, Louisiana. Determination whether a taxpayer's challenge to the creation of the district has merit; Aim of the Denham Springs Economic Development...
- A TAD Different. Pape, Jeff // Retail Traffic;Jun2004, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p36
Comments on municipalities' use of tax allocation districts rather than tax breaks to attract development in the United States. Economic development officials's tax allocation districts (TAD) in metropolitan Atlanta; Issuance of bonds to finance infrastructure and other development costs within...
- Mass. Municipalization. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32347, p1
The article reports on the finance of public-private infrastructures in Massachusetts. According to the report, the rising fuel costs and electricity rates have prompted the communities in the state to join a number of nationwide towns and cities looking into acquiring, or reacquiring power...
- Muni Prices End Trading Higher; Virginia County Sells $260M Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p2
Reports the gains in municipal bonds. Gradual economic improvement; Demand for limited municipal supply; Price of University of Vermont and State Agricultural College general obligations bonds.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.
- Maryland County to Sell $31.3M in GOs to Fund Construction, Renovations. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Harford County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation bonds on January 9, 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold by the county; Purpose of the bonds.
- Connecticut Gets Commission's OK to Sell $675 Million of Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports on the Connecticut State Bond Commission's approval of the sale of new debt, and requests by various state agencies for allocations from general obligation bond proceeds. Amount released by the commission; Cumulative value of the requests submitted by the Connecticut University System.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p37
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of January 29, 2001. District of Columbia's 2000 comprehensive annual financial report; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Bangor, Maine's general obligation bonds and bond...