IRS: Good News for Beleaguered St. Paul Port Authority Fund
- Welcome to Jacksonville. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p1
Reports on Jacksonville, Florida's entry into the bond market in spring 2001, which experts call an ambitious and aggressive building, renovation, improvement, environmental, and transportation program. Amount of bonds to be issued by the city; Voters' approval of the Better Jacksonville Plan;...
- Housing Market Slowdown Data Allows Munis to Improve. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p2
The article reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the United States as of July 27, 2006. The market has improved slightly, as fixed-income investors were encouraged by evidence that the anticipated housing market slowdown is finally underway. According to traders, the...
- DASNY Approves $3.24B. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p1
The article reports on the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York's approval of up to $3.24 billion of bond sales at its monthly meeting held October 27, 2006. The bond sales includes up to $2 billion of bonds backed by New York's personal income tax (PIT) revenue. The article reports that...
- Midwest Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p29
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds in the Midwest as of August 9, 2000. Inclusion of funding for additional police officers in Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson's budget; Pricing for the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority's one-year revenue notes.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vadum, Matthew; Floyd, Daniel F.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31167, p37
Provides information pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of June 25, 2001. Connecticut General Assembly's general agreement on a two-year budget; Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation's issuance of revenue bonds; Advance refunding tax-exempt bonds sold by...
- N.Y.C. Sets GO Sales; Will Register in Europe. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p2
Reports on New York City's plan to sell tax-exempt general obligation bonds in a competitive offering on June 28, 2000. Amount of the bonds to be sold; New York officials' plan to renew the city's global debt facility registration with the London Stock Exchange.
- Kentucky Sale Keeps Ban Conversion Program on Track. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30935, p5
Reports on the Kentucky State Property and Buildings Commission's plan to sell long-term, lease-revenue debt to continue a financing program it embarked in 1999. Conversion of the commission's bond anticipation notes to long-term bonds; Factors contributing to the commission's decision to...
- In a Debt-Averse World, Virginia Leans on Appropriation Backing. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p1
Reports on Virginia's increased reliance on appropriation-backed debt. Growth of the appropriation-backed issues market; Increase in the state's public debt; Ratings of Virginia's general obligation debts from three major credit agencies.
- Knoxville, Tenn., to Rework Deal, Bidding Rules After Lukewarm Interest. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p3
Reports on Knoxville, Tennessee's rejection of the two bids it received for bond anticipation notes. Knoxville's decision to restructure the deal and change its bidding rules in an attempt to draw more interest when it tries to sell the notes; Reasons why some firms declined to bid.