Defying the Market, Insurers' Stocks Rose 14.4% in July
- What to Believe: Telecom Stocks or Bonds? Appin, Rick // High Yield Report;10/22/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 40, pN.PAG
Reports on stocks prices and bonds prices of the telecommunication sector in the U.S. Discrepancy between bond and stock prices; Prospects of telecommunication companies.
- Financial markets move cautiously. Myers, Randy // Nation's Business;Nov96, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p68
Analyzes the performance of the stock and bond market in the United States as of November 1996. Cautiousness of investors in bidding up stock and bond prices; Temporary investor panic over the July financial market tumble; Concerns over inflation and interest rates during the third quarter;...
- Secondary performs through distracted market. // High Yield Report;09/29/97, Vol. 8 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the performance of the secondary market as of September 29, 1997. Distractions that failed to hurt the market, including the merger of Salomon Brothers and Smith Barney; Bond action related to Penn Traffic; Performance of radio credits, including CapStar and Citadel Broadcasting; How...
- On the relation between stocks and bonds--part I. Kwan, Simon // FRBSF Economic Letter;07/28/96, Vol. 96 Issue 19, p1
Presents the findings of studies on the economic forces that drive bond and stock prices. Analysis of how stock and bond prices are determined using the present value model as a framework; Factors that influence the variance of excess stock and bond returns; Comovement between stocks and bonds.
- Stock & bond report. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/21/96, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p27
Presents charts and graphs of stock and bond prices in Michigan according to the October 21, 1996 issue of the periodical `Grand Rapids Business Journal'. Analyses from Dow Jones and Standard & Poor's; Bond yield index.
- Bond and stock markets plunged after. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham; Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 165, p2
Reports decline in stock and bond prices in United States following Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan's comment on US economy.
- Market splits TAA managers. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;5/15/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
Reports on tactical asset allocation (TAA) managers' skepticism about the possibility of a soft economic landing and wariness over the outlook for stock prices. Indications that stock prices would remain strong; Long term bond rate decline; Underweight allocation of PanAgora Asset Management...
- Bank Security Prices and Market Discipline. Kwan, Simon // FRBSF Economic Letter;12/20/2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on the role of a bank's stock and bond prices in leveraging market forces to enhance the safety and soundness of the banking system. Possible utilization of bond prices in analyzing the risk profile of a bank; Advantages and disadvantages of using a bank's stock prices for determining...
- Estimating the price of default risk. Duffee, GR; Duffee, Gregory R. // Review of Financial Studies;Spring99, Vol. 12 Issue 1
Determines whether a realistic boundary conditions model is able to describe the behavior of individual corporate bond prices. Average error in fitting corporate bond yields; Presence of a liquidity component in yield spreads; Instability of parameters as credit qualities of a firm changes;...