Atlanta Council Confirms Corbin as Chief Financial Officer
- Give the Guy Credit. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31246, p1
Deals with uncertainty about Atlanta, Georgia's Chief Financial Officer David Corbin's future with the city. Role of Corbin in improving the city's financial management; Installation of a new mayor in 2002; Top candidates running for mayor as of October 18, 2001.
- Atlanta CFO Steps Down After 5-Year Stint. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;06/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30913, p4
Focuses on Atlanta, Georgia's chief financial officer Judith Blackwell's plan to get out of government service. Resignation from her post; Proposal to rejoin the private sector; Ability to attack large problems and bring solutions by attacking them head on; Appointment of Dominic Ochei as...
- Goodman vet Booth tops Atlanta's Alliance. Jones, Chris // Variety;04/16/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 9, p41
Reports the selection of Susan Booth as artistic director of the Alliance Theater in Atlanta, Georgia, effective on July 1, 2001. Annual budget and debt of the theater as of April 2001; Career background of Booth; Shows directed by Booth; Her goals for the Alliance.
- Alliance Names Booth New AD. // Back Stage;03/30/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the appointment of Susan V. Booth as artistic director of Alliance Theatre Co. in Atlanta, Georgia. Background on her theater projects; Career background; Goals of Booth.
- Hire finance. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Jan98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
Focuses on when to bring a chief financial officer (CFO) into a company. A checklist for analyzing company financial needs; Base salaries for CFOs, controllers, and bookkeepers; How to begin a search for a CFO.
- On the Move. // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p41
Reports appointments and promotions of several finance officers in the United States. Selection of Henry Salvo as chief financial officer of Robert Mondavi Corp.; Promotion of Bruce R. Evancho to a global electronic-finance manager position in El. du Pont de Nemours & Co; Appointment of Frank...
- Your most valuable hire? Greco, Susan; Hise, Phaedra // Inc.;May94, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p146
Cites the choices of three founders of `Inc.' 500 companies of their most valuable hire. Richard Looney, Looney & Co., Houston, on hiring a chief financial officer; Joseph Strong, Account Pros, Boston, on hiring a sales director and chief financial officer; Christopher Multhauf, First...
- Woe is the CFO. Prince, C.J. // Entrepreneur;Sep2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p55
Focuses on the responsibilities of chief financial officers (CFOs). Pressures arising from the scrutiny of the shareholders; Implications of the Enron Corp. accounting scandals for CFOs; Importance of caution in the hiring process of CFOs.
- Saying Goodbye to Atlanta. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/30/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31275, p1
Reports that David Corbin, chief financial officer of Atlanta, Georgia, will resign from the post on January 4, 2002. Improvements in financial operations of Atlanta under Corbin; Impact of the economic slowdown in the U.S. on the city's finances; Future plans of Corbin.