MEAG to Sell $470 Million of Subordinated Refunding Bonds
- MEAG at work on $35 million fiber-optic network. Cohen, Jodi B. // Bond Buyer;02/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30330, p48
Reports on the Georgia Municipal Electric Authority's construction of a fiber-optic telecommunications network, as part of efforts to capitalize on the value of its existing power-line rights of way. Objectives in building the network; Funding of the project; Plans to use bonds in the project.
- Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30416, p8
Reports that the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia has declared that electric deregulation will not affect the agency until the year 2002. Electricity costs; Focus on maintaining its competitive prices and reducing its $3.7 billion debt; Release of two tax-exempt refundings; Variable-rate...
- DOE Finalizes Last of Loan Guarantees for Vogtle Project. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/6/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p5
New York State bans fracking, at least for now.
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;1/10/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33645, p14
A table is presented which provides data on the negotiated bond offerings of several countries and government agencies including Georgia Municipal Electric Authority, Phoenix Industrial Development Authority, and North Carolina.
- Negotiated Bond Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;12/9/2015, p1
A table is presented which offers information on several negotiated bond sales in the U.S. as of December 7, 2015 including Kaweah Delta Health Care District, Woodland Davis Clean Water Agency, and Georgia Municipal Electric Authority.
- Greens Sue DOE For Release Of Loan Guarantee Terms. Beattie, Jeff // Energy Daily;8/11/2010, Issue 152, p1
This article reports on a lawsuit filed by the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) against the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) for hiding details about its loan guarantee for a nuclear reactor project in Georgia. The loan guarantee was given to Southern Co., Oglethorpe Power and MEAG...
- Vogtle Electric Generating Plant, Units 3 and 4; Issuance of Combined Licenses and Limited Work Authorizations and Record of Decision. Tonacci, Mark // Federal Register;2/29/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 40, p12332
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission regarding issuance of combined licenses to Southern Nuclear Operating Co., Oglethorpe Power Corp., Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia and the City of Dalton, Georgia for construction and operation...
- Cobb County, Ga., Selling $137 Million Mix of Notes and Bonds. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p33
Reports that Cobb County, Georgia will sell $137 million of short-term notes and revenue and general obligation refunding bonds on March 25, 2003. Ratings issued by different rating agencies; Details of Transportation, Water and Sewer and general obligation bonds to be sold by Georgia;...
- San Antonio Water Agency Selling $123M of Swap-Ready Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31599, p40
Reports that the water agency San Antonio Water System of San Antonio, Texas will sell $122.5 million of swap-ready Series 2003A and Series 2003 bonds in the market on March 25, 2003. Role of the banking company Bear, Stearns & Co. and J.P. Morgan & Co. in the deal; Expectations for interest...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31674, p29
Presents information on bond issues issued by various states in the U.S. as of July 2003. States which have issued bonds; Amount of bonds.