Contemporary Pacemakers: What the Primary Care Physician Needs to Know
- Boston Scientific to study next-gen pacing leads. PEDERSEN, AMANDA // Medical Device Daily;12/18/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 244, p1
The article reports on a clinical trial for next generation Ingevity pacing leads of Boston Scientific for implantable pacemakers to the heart for treatment of bradycardia. It relates that the first patient has been implanted with the pacing leads. It outlines the advantages of the Ingevity...
- Product briefs. // Biomedical Business & Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p38
The article reports that Boston Scientific received an approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its Altrua pacemakers. The company claims Altrua is its most advanced pacemaker. It adds that it is the first pacemaker to treat bradycardia. Some of the features of Altrua include...
- Vagally mediated atrioventricular block: pathophysiology and diagnosis. Alboni, Paolo; Holz, Anna; Brignole, Michele // Heart;Jul2013, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p904
Vagally mediated atrioventricular (AV) block is defined as a paroxysmal AV block, localised within the AV node, associated with slowing of the sinus rate. All types of second-degree AV block, including pseudo-Mobitz II block, and complete AV block, may be present. Most of the patients have...
- OLDER PATIENTS LIKE REMOTE MONITORING, BUT PREFER IN PERSON VISITS. // Heart Advisor;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p2
The article discusses a study which shows that older patients with pacemakers, defibrillators and other implanted, wireless devices that regulate or measure heart rhythm prefer in-office follow-ups with their doctors.
- Tick, tick, tick. Legg, Gary // EDN;7/19/2001, Vol. 46 Issue 16, p49
Discusses the ins and outs of implanted cardiac pacemakers. Key features and components; Range of sophisticated electronics embedded into modern cardiac pacemakers; Mechanisms for holding the electrodes of pacemakers in place against a heart muscle.
- Environmental dangers for the patient with a pacemaker. O'Brien, Eoin // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/11/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6356, p1677
Examines the impact of environmental dangers on patients with a pacemaker. Role of pacing electrode in transmitting electrical signals from the environment to the pacemaker; Occurrence of consequences due to false signals depending on its characteristics and on the functional mode of the...
- What you need to know about today's pacemakers. Porterfield, Linda; Porterfield, James G. // RN;Mar87, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p44
Offers information on cardiac pacemakers. Advances in pacemakers; Indications for their use; Complications to watch out for. INSETS: Current terminology and future technology;A guide to external pacing.
- Cardiac pacing. // Nursing Standard;11/24/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p58
A quiz on cardiac pacemakers is presented.
- Cardiac Pacemaking: Physiological Studies. Winters Jr., William L.; Tyson, Robert; Barrera, Frank; Soloff, Louis A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb65, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p220
Describes observations regarding a set of patients in whom internal implantable mercury battery powered pacemakers with a fixed ventricular rate were employed. Pacer duration; Symptoms prior to pacer; Medication; Prior congestive heart failure.