In the Loop
- Ready for the off? Ward, Gareth // Printing World;9/16/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the Great Britain-based printing industry organization British Printing Industries Federation (BPIF) as of September 16, 2002. Reorganization of the BPIF; Problems faced by the BPIF; Role played by the BPIF in the printing industry.
- Why do we go East to print? Carter, Alison // Printing World;9/16/2002, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p34
Discusses the competition between Great Britain- and Asia-based printers for British publishers. Cost saving offered by Asian printers; Background on the printing industry in China; Quality and turn-around advantages offered by British printers.
- Printing And Publishing Industry Keeps Growing Locally. Payne, Scott // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/15/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, pB1
Reports on the lack of information on the growth of the printing and publishing industry in West Michigan. Data compiled by the United States Census Bureau on the industry in 1997; Employee statistics for the local industry for 1999; Reasons for the lack of exact data on the industry; Efforts...
- The American point of view. Frank, J.P. // Publishers Weekly;9/22/89, Vol. 236 Issue 12, pS29
Describes US publishers' praise of Asian printing. Factors that influence their decision to use Asian printers; Reduced costs weighed against a variety of factors; Simon & Schuster's use of Tokyo, Japan's, Dai Nippon for high quality, higher cost color work; Toppan Printing; Color separation...
- Printing and Publishing Industry Faces Black Spot. // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the problems faced by the printing and publishing industry in Great Britain in 1999. Explanations from David Walker, senior partner at BKR Haines Watts; Advice on what should be done by printing businesses facing financial difficulties.
- business management. // American Printer;Jun2000, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p13
Provides news on the commercial printing business as of June 2000. Use of the dog to illustrate the bindery part of the printing process; How printers cope with the tight labor market; Things to consider when going computer-to-plate.
- Poll. // PrintWeek;2/3/2012, p6
The article offers information on the results of a poll about the ability of council in-plants to compete for commercial print jobs.
- Legal notices. // PrintWeek;5/18/2012, p10
The article presents print- and publishing-related legal notices extracted from the periodical the "London Gazette."
- LEGAL NOTICES. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);5/22/2009, p9
An excerpt of print- and publishing-related legal notices from the "London Gazette" is presented.
- Legal notices. // PrintWeek;9/7/2012, p10
The article presents legal notices extracted from the print- and publishing-related notices that appear in the "London Gazette," including petitions and meetings of creditors.