Fears Confirmed For 50 Grolier Employees Axed By Scholastic
- Grolier expanding in Danbury. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/3/95, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p1
Reports that Grolier Inc. has leased 41,000 square feet of space in Danbury, Conn. Expansion plans; Addition of 130 more workers; Financial standing; Outsourcing of its distribution and warehouse operations.
- Grolier reorganizes; Sand named to head new publishing group. Reuter, M.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;5/10/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p106
Reports that Grolier Inc. has reorganized its Publishing Group, announcing four senior managerial appointments and curtailing plans to expand its adult trade list. Thomas Sand, formerly Grolier's vice-president of new business development and strategic planning, has been named senior...
- SkillsBank to create SW for the home. // T H E Journal;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p18
Reports that SkillsBank Corp. and Grolier Direct are partnering to create home educational programs covering mathematics and language arts. Contributions of the companies to the partnership; Alignment with school curriculum; Parents' role in children's academic work at home.
- Multimedia reviews: CD-ROM/software. Parmigiani, Rosemary; Harper, Naomi // Media & Methods;May/Jun98, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p51
Features the Teacher's Edition of the 1998 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia CD-ROM from Grolier Educational. Inclusion of support materials and curriculum activities; Encyclopedia's combination of classroom activities and CD-ROM's updated content.
- Encyclopedia Boasts New Content, Interface. // T H E Journal;Nov97, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p30
Reports on improvements made in the computer software Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia 1998 for students and teachers by software company Grolier Inc. Software specifications; Enhanced features of the software; Additional feature added to the software highlighting famous landmarks with 400...
- Grolier expands, moves division to Berkshire Corporate Park. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p5
Reports on Grolier Publishing Co.'s expansion to Berkshire Corporate Park in Danbury, Connecticut. Opening of offices; Plans of centralizing of operations of the company in the Danbury area; Annual revenues of Grolier.
- 1999 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, Deluxe Edition iMac / Power Macintosh G3. Watson, Beverly C. // T H E Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on Grolier Inc.'s deluxe edition of its 1999 Multimedia Encyclopedia. Product features; Contact information.
- Clarke retires amid top shake-up at Grolier. // Publishers Weekly;2/10/1989, Vol. 235 Issue 6, p14
Reports that the Grolier chairman, Robert B. Clarke, and three other executives have stepped down as the result of a take-over last year.
- Grolier offers science reference set for students. // Curriculum Administrator;Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p22
Presents information on Grolier Incorporated's published reference set `Elements.' Number of volumes in the reference set; Contents of the volumes; How the reference material is organized.