KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT: The Archivist's and Records Manager's Perspective
- The expanding role of the archivist. CHARMAN, DEREK // Records Management Quarterly;Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Discusses the expanding role of archivists in record management. Information on the archives profession in Great Britain; Primary reason for the appointment of archivists; Social legislation in Britain for archivists.
- Finding Common Ground. // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p4
This section introduces several articles that examine the role of records manager and archivist in the global marketplace, pointing out the commonalities, the differences, and the potential.
- Calendar. // KM World;
A calendar of events related to Content, Document and Knowledge Management (KM) World for 2012 is presented including KM past and present industry report on January 12, Business process management on February 12, and Web experience management solutions on April 12.
- Something Funny Is Happening on the Way to Knowledge Management. Duffy, Jan // Information Management Journal;Oct2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the aspects of records and information management (RIM) and knowledge management (KM) in 2000. Complexity of KM; Tasks to which RIM provides formal mechanisms; How KM supports efforts to capitalize on all assets.
- Calendar. // KM World;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p29
A calendar of topics to be published in the journal in the U.S. for 2010 is presented which includes a KM Past and Future report in January, a focusing on business process management in February, and a focus on enterprise content and document management.
- Calendar. // KM World;Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p27
A calendar of events related to knowledge management (KM) in the U.S. in 2013 is presented which includes KM in practice: solutions in Web experience management in April 13, KMWorld's "Energy Issue" from July to August 13, and another conference on records management on May 13.
- Tragedies, Controversies, and Opportunities: Redefining RIM's Role in a Turbulent Time. Dearstyne, Bruce W. // Information Management Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p37
Focuses on the importance of records and information management (RIM) on the operation and progress of organizations and institutions in the U.S. Criticism of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks as a knowledge management failure; Ways in which progressive companies share information with...
- Calendar. // KM World;Mar2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
The article presents a calendar of events on different symposia related to knowledge management. E-mail Management Solutions for local/state government will be held on April 2006, Records Management Solutions for education will be held in May 2006, and Document capture/forms processing Solutions...
- Information Science: A Potential interdisciplinary field with Historical Perspectives and Future Potentials. Paul, Prantosh Kumar; Kumar, Asok; Poovammal, E.; Dangwal, K. L. // Educational Quest;Dec2014, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p211
Information Science is one of the important term in this new millennium. Information Science is applicable in so many sector and domain and departments. As Information Science is a mainly deal with information activities; such as collection, selection, organization, processing, management and...