Seeing though changes to the BSG
- The Role of Industry Interactions With the American College of Gastroenterology. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jun2012, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p800
The article offers information on role of industrial interactions with the U.S.-based American College of Gastroenterology. Information on examined the many types of relationships between health industry commercial interests (HICIs) and professional medical associations (PMAs) by the...
- New guidelines outline diagnosis, management of hyperthyroidism. Foster, Melissa // Endocrine Today;Aug2011, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p8
The article offers information on the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association's guidelines that focus on the management of patients with hyperthyroidism and other causes of thyrotoxicosis.
- ANA holds open house at new headquarters building. // American Nurse;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the official opening of the American Nurses Association's (ANA) headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland. Officers and members present during the occasion; Process of finding a site for the ANA building; Funding for the project; Design of the building.
- AMT Moves to New Location. // AMT Events;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p154
Several photographs are presented of the ribbon-cutting ceremonies held for American Medical Technologists' new office in Rosemont, Illinois, along with highlights of the event.
- ABC Employee Profile: Gayle Engels. Blumenthal, Mark // HerbalGram;Fall2004, Issue 64, p13
Features Gayle Engels, head of the Education Department of the American Botanical Council (ABC). Supervision of interns and volunteers; Development of the content of the ABC newsletter "HerbalEGram"; Experience in horticulture; Design and handling of interpretive tours of ABC herb gardens.
- ASCRS exhibits showcase ophthalmic technology. // Ophthalmology Times;6/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p16
Presents information on the exhibition and joint meeting of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia from June 1 to 5, 2002. Number of exhibitors; Location of the exhibitors.
- Dementia Webinar Available to Members. // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2012, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p31
The article discusses the webinar "Confronting the Dementia Explosion?" conducted by the Minnesota Medical Association (MMA), a professional association, in 2012.
- Physician Labor Markets Remain Tight. BRIERLEY, LEIF // BusinessWest;10/7/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p12
The author reflects on the 12th annual Physician Workforce Study conducted by the Massachusetts Medical Society according to which physician labor markets continued to be tight, with four physician specialties facing shortages including intemal medicine, gastroenterology, and neurology.
- Forthcoming events. // European Journal of Orthodontics;Feb2000, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p105
Presents a calendar of events concerning orthodontics in Europe as of February 2000. Schedule of congresses to be held by the European Orthodontic Society; March 2000 meeting of the Craniofacial Society of Great Britain; 10th International Orthodontic Study week organized by the Dutch Society...