Note from the BSG Information Group
- New guidelines outline diagnosis, management of hyperthyroidism. Foster, Melissa // Endocrine Today;Aug2011, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p8
The article offers information on the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and the American Thyroid Association's guidelines that focus on the management of patients with hyperthyroidism and other causes of thyrotoxicosis.
- ASCRS exhibits showcase ophthalmic technology. // Ophthalmology Times;6/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p16
Presents information on the exhibition and joint meeting of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia from June 1 to 5, 2002. Number of exhibitors; Location of the exhibitors.
- Dementia Webinar Available to Members. // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2012, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p31
The article discusses the webinar "Confronting the Dementia Explosion?" conducted by the Minnesota Medical Association (MMA), a professional association, in 2012.
- Forthcoming events. // European Journal of Orthodontics;Feb2000, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p105
Presents a calendar of events concerning orthodontics in Europe as of February 2000. Schedule of congresses to be held by the European Orthodontic Society; March 2000 meeting of the Craniofacial Society of Great Britain; 10th International Orthodontic Study week organized by the Dutch Society...
- BMA House caught in the blast. Murray, Sally // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/16/2005, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p348
Reports that the British Medical Association (BMA) House staff has been first-hand witnesses and helpers in the July 7, 2005 London, England bombings. Casualties of the explosion directly outside the BMA House; Comments from "British Medical Journal" editor Fiona Godlee.
- AACU, AUA step up state and federal lobbying efforts. Albertson, Peter C. // Urology Times;2/1/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p1
The article presents questions and answers about the lobbying efforts of the American Association of Clinical Urologists (AACU) and the American Urological Association (AUA). AACU was founded as a 501(c)(6) organization for the purpose of lobbying in the U.S. Congress. Meanwhile, AUA was...
- Changing role for observers on VN Council. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;3/15/2008, Vol. 162 Issue 11, p331
The article reports on the activities of the Veterinary Nurses Council (VNC) in Great Britain. The VNC has approved changes to the role of observers appointed by representative organizations. In future, such observers would be provided with papers in advance of a VNC meeting in order to give...
- CALENDAR. // Alcohol & Alcoholism;May/Jun2013, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p380
A calendar of events for 2013 is presented, which includes the Royal College of Psychiatrists Addiction Faculty Meeting at Newcastle, Great Britain, American Psychiatric Association Annual Meeting at San Francisco, U.S. and Research Society on Alcohol Scientific Meeting at Orlando, U.S.
- Big changes for MMA's annual gathering. // Minnesota Medicine;Sep2014, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p34
The article presents information on the annual conference of the Minnesota Medical Association in September 2014.