JustWalk 2008 success
- Artistic adventure to raise funds for African children. // Estates Gazette;4/5/2008, Issue 813, p67
The article reports on the participation of Philip Kerr, a partner at Keningtons Chartered Surveyors, in a walking event from southern Spain to Great Britain to raise money for charity. Inspired by friends who lost their 14-year-old daughter in an accident in 1999, he is raising money to help...
- Officers walk to North Pole for charity. // Mental Health Practice;Feb2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p4
The article unveils the plan of Wing commander Matt Strowers and squadron leader Jules Weekes of the British Royal Air Force to conduct a charity walk, ski, swim and paddle initiative to raise money for the veterans' mental health charity Combat Stress.
- Toddle to library boosts literacy. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;10/16/2008, p8
The article reports on the participation of the children and childminders in a sponsored walk for a cause, The Big Toddle, in Sunderland, England. The walk was intended to raise fund for charity while improving children's communication, language and literacy skills. It was organized by...
- Thousand-mile man Moon gets support of JWT. // Marketing (00253650);10/23/2003, p60
Chris Moon, who lost a leg and an arm clearing landmines in Mozambique, plans to walk from John O'Groats to Land's End. Moon aims to complete this incredible undertaking in 20 days-the equivalent of walking two marathons each day. Moon wants to raise Â£1m for disability charity Leonard...
- Dental hygienist to walk 500 miles for charity. // Dental Nursing;Mar2014, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p123
The article discusses the 500 Miles 4 500 Smiles campaign held throughout the National Smile Month 2014 which passes through 32 different locations across Great Britain with the proceeds raised from the campaign going towards Month Cancer Action Month.
- Oticon Supports Breast Cancer Awareness & Research with $10,000 Donation. // Audiology Online;Nov2014, p1
The article reports on the 10,00 dollar donation by hearing aid maker Oticon Inc. from its 2014 seventh annual Pink Day breast cancer and hearing awareness campaign and charity walk to the National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC) in support for its mission to end breast cancer.
- What's new. Jordan, Hannah // Third Sector;9/17/2008, p7
This section offers news briefs related to fundraising campaigns in Great Britain. The cookery school Venturi's Table created a pink menu for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and will donate Â£12 for every booked place to Breast Cancer Campaign. A series of sponsored dog walks will be held by the...
- Stepping out for charity. // Truck & Driver;Jul2011, p8
The article offers information on the 22-mile walk for charity held on July 16, 2011 in Aylesford, England.
- HAVE YOU GOT 5 MINUTES? // Diva;May2008, Issue 144, p86
The article offers information related to fundraising in Great Britain. Everyclick is a search engine from Everyclick Ltd. which enables anyone to raise money for their favourite charity through searching online. Playtex MoonWalk is a fundraising event to be held on May 17-18, 2008 in London in...