Learning from members how to improve BSG education
- Exploring Virtual Worlds for Scenario-Based Repeated Team Training of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Medical Students. Creutzfeldt, Johan; Hedman, Leif; Medin, Christopher; Heinrichs, Wm. LeRoy; Felländer-Tsai, Li // Journal of Medical Internet Research;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p13
Background: Contemporary learning technologies, such as massively multiplayer virtual worlds (MMVW), create new means for teaching and training. However, knowledge about the effectiveness of such training is incomplete, and there are no data regarding how students experience it. Cardiopulmonary...
- Et si scolaritï¿½ pouvait rimer avec virtualitï¿½ ? Riou, C. // Echanger;2009, Issue 87, p41
No abstract available.
- Dignity teaching package launched. // Primary Health Care;Nov2008, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p5
The article announces the introduction of the Royal College of Nursing's (RCN) teaching package promoting dignity in the workplace in Great Britain. The package includes two teaching aids and a DVD entitled "What Does Dignity Mean To You?" It highlights nurses talking about how they delivered...
- Do questions help? The impact of audience response systems on medical student learning: a randomised controlled trial. Mains, Tyler E; Cofrancesco Jr, Joseph; Milner, Stephen M.; Shah, Nina G; Goldberg, Harry // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Jul2015, Vol. 91 Issue 1077, p361
Background Audience response systems (ARSs) are electronic devices that allow educators to pose questions during lectures and receive immediate feedback on student knowledge. The current literature on the effectiveness of ARSs is contradictory, and their impact on student learning remains...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;2/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p8
Presents news briefs on providers of educational technology in the U.S. as of February 2002.
- MOUSE CLICKS TO CAT SWIPES. Dyrli, Odvard Egil // Curriculum Administrator;Jul2001, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p13
Presents technologies which link traditional classroom media to web sites available in the United States as of July 2001. Launch of the National Science Teachers Association's special content codes initiative; Use of the :Cuecat scanner to access relevant online content with bar codes;...
- Design learner-friendly training manuals. Kelty // Training & Development;Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p18
Presents ways for training professionals to enhance the look of their presentation materials. Emphasis on visual aids; Use of color in increasing learning and retention; Capabilities of digital printing systems.
- What's new. // Technology & Learning;Oct94, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p72
Offers information on the availability of educational materials in the United States. Includes curriculum software; Software tools; Books and publications; Online services; Peripherals and communication devices; Upgrades, updates and new versions.
- What's New. // Technology & Learning;Jun2000, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p68
Features educational products available in the United States. Software; Hardware; Telecommunications; Industry announcements.