The Technological Wish List
- Goop discussion. Ferguson, Andrew // Across the Board;May97, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p12
Discusses the central irony on the implication of the Information Age. How there are fewer things and fewer interesting people to talk about as means of communication accelerates; How a conversation in the Internet developed for ages.
- Off-line in the Old World. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;06/14/99, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p9
Reflects on the impact of information technology on the American and British culture. Proliferation of Internet advertisements and Internet stocks trading in the United States; Contrasts of the US and Great Britain in terms of exposure to information technology; Background on the novel `Turn of...
- The Need for Face Time. Koepfer, Chris // Production Machining;Feb2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the author's views on the capabilities of the Internet to transform the way people communicate. He muses on the challenges that are brought by the emergence of information revolution and rapidly changing technology. The author admits that the wide area networks have...
- They're never too busy to offer an opinion. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/5/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p33
Highlights the results of online surveys indicating that people can always have time for leisure despite being busy. Success of CNN Interactive to gather votes on a question; Large number of respondents to the question on which show should host Monica Lewinsky's television debut.
- No Faith in the System. Hodges, J. // Internal Auditor;Feb2001, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p13
Highlights several surveys and studies conducted in the United States on the public views about the Internet. Significance of the Internet as a source of information; Privacy risk of the Internet; Views of Internet users on online security problem.
- NTIA: Internet gulf is widening. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p20
Cites a study from the United States Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration which concluded that the gap between Internet `haves' and `have-nots' is widening significantly. `Digital divide' relegating minorities, and low-income Americans to the...
- Freshness-Preserving Non-Interactive Hierarchical Key Agreement Protocol over WHMS. Hyunsung Kim // Sensors (14248220);2014, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p23742
The digitization of patient health information (PHI) for wireless health monitoring systems (WHMSs) has brought many benefits and challenges for both patients and physicians. However, security, privacy and robustness have remained important challenges for WHMSs. Since the patient's PHI is...
- BLOWFISH. // J@pan Inc.;Feb2002, Issue 28, p52
Presents the results of several surveys in Japan, as of February 2002. Attitudes toward the monitoring of employee e-mail and other Internet usage; Views on working with foreigners; Implementation of stricter controls on business travel following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the...
- Online Opportunities. West, Marti // American Fitness;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p63
Discusses issues on computer viruses, Internet hoaxes, chain letters and urban legends. Spread of the macro virus `Melissa' on March 26, 1999; Types of computer viruses; How to spot a virus hoax; Information on chain letters and urban legends in the Internet.