Little Turnover in August; Categorization Hurts Meyer
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;06/04/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p4
Presents a chart depicting the rank of the publishers of paperback nonfiction in the United States as of the year 2001. List of top publishers; Information on the total number of titles produced by each publisher; Reference to the duration for each title.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p7
Presents the chart on the top nonfiction publishers in New York as of November 2003.
- Notes. // Publishers Weekly;2/19/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p199
Presents several nonfiction books set for publications in April 1996 in the United States. Includes `Trout'; `Stand Up Comedians on Television'; `The Letters of Dorothy L. Sayers: 1899-1936: The Making of a Detective Novelist.
- Fame and Obscurity (with Appreciation to Gay Tales) and Our Search for the Best Creative Nonfiction. Gutkind, Lee // Creative Nonfiction;2007, Issue 32, pix
This article discusses various reports published within the introductory issue of "The Best Creative Nonfiction," including works by authors like Sunshine O'Donnell, J. D. Schraffenberger, Eula Bliss and Olivia Chin-lin Lee.
- Christmas Books Expanding Beyond Children's to Holiday-Themed Fiction. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the expansion of the children's book sector to include a segment of holiday-themed fiction. Christmas-themed titles started appearing during the last week of September, peaked between the sales weeks ending November 25 and December 9, and fell dramatically during the week...
- Category Review: Children's Industry Faces Challenges. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2008, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the study which found a decline in children's publications in the U.S. The study suggest that the number of children's editions published has shrunk each of the last three years, and when factoring in the sudden spike of 37,976 titles published in 2004, the compound annual...
- Are "YA" Titles the "PG-13" of Publishing? // Book Publishing Report;Sep2008, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the study regarding the bestselling novels in the U.S. Through a breakdown of age brackets, the titles for the youngest group averaged 38% of the total books, falling from 45% in 2002 to 29% in 2007. Titles for 5-9 years olds have also shrunk, from 37% to 33%, which is the...
- CORMORANT'S NEW MOVES. GODFREY, LAURA // Quill & Quire;Nov2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p19
The article offers information regarding the children's publishing house "Dancing Cat Books" by Cormorant Books publisher and co-owner Marc Cote. It states that the industry veteran Gail Winskill will be heading the Dancing Cat Books. It also states that the Dancing Cat will publish a variety of...
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p7
Presents the chart depicting the rankings of book publishers according to paperback nonfiction sales in the U.S. as of October 6, 2003.