- Fog Nozzle Training: Are We Creating a Hazardous Impression? WALKER, MICHAEL L. // Fire Engineering;Oct2010, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p109
In this article the author examines the effectiveness of the Right for Reach/Left for Life tactic to protect firefighters caught in a flashover. The origin of the Left for Life theory derives from several sources, including liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) or flammable liquid and gas (FLAG)...
- Detective Story. Routley, J. Gordon // Fire Chief;Nov2005, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p26
The article reports that investigations of deaths, injuries and near-misses are essential to improving firefighter safety in the United States. The investigation is a vital part of the process that allows firefighters to learn from each negative experience, then identify and implement the...
- The future of firefighter safety? // Fire;Nov2015, Vol. 111 Issue 1383, p5
The article discusses this periodical's Congress on the Future of Firefighter Safety which was held in London, England on October 9, 2015, featuring topics on firefighters safety including firefighting in the 21st century; standards and harmonisation, and understanding the built environment.
- Editor's Opinion: HAPPY 2,000TH BIRTHDAY. Halton, Bobby // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p8
The author focuses on the evolution of fireground safety in the U.S. from 6 A.D. to the year 2006. The challenges facing thinking officers and firefighters include fuels and fuel loads that have the ability to overwhelm and destroy attack teams that advance ahead of ventilation efforts....
- What Do Firefighters Do? // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Oct2003, p2
Presents a teacher's guide to fire safety lessons. INSET: Stay Safe in a Fire.
- Stay Safe from Fire. // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Oct2003, p4
Presents a teacher's guide to fire safety lessons.
- Yarnell's fallen. CARSWELL, CALLY // High Country News;7/22/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p3
The article focuses on several changes brought in safety protocols including standardization of escape routes, fire-resistant uniforms, and fire shelters due to occurrence of wildfire in the U.S.
- Total Firefighter Safety. Lynch, Andrew // Fire;Nov2015, Vol. 111 Issue 1383, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the event, excellence in fire and emergency awards; the 2015 Congress on Firefighter Safety; and the concept of total firefighter safety.
- NVFC Award Winner Promotes Fire Safety. // Fire Chief;Oct2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Dayna Hilton, the recipient of the National Volunteer Fire Council's 2006 Fire Prevention Award, will be sharing fire safety tips during Fire Prevention Week in October 2006, in the U.S. Hilton will be appearing in several 90-second segments to air in connection with the...