FRONT OF THE LINE
- BARGAIN BANDWIDTH. Careless, James // Fire Chief;Sep2008, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p52
The article provides tips on using cheap on-scene communications equipment that firefighters can utilize during fire accidents in the U.S. It includes the Mobile Mesh Communications System, which is a dual-band radio that can be used to address the needs of first responders and education...
- SOMETIMES OIL AND FIRE DO MIX. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jun2012, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p38
The article presents information about the partnership between the Shell Oil Co. and the Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute at the University of Kansas, Kansas. It mentions that the Fire Training School will teach 50 volunteer firefighters from Harper and Barbar countries. Shell donated...
- Instructor Training 101: Make Lesson Plans Fun. Chiaramonte, Mike // Fire Chief;Dec2005, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p22
The article advises trainers of volunteer fire fighters on effective training strategies. Trainers should prepare lessons and activities that are relevant, creative and fun. Instructors should be more facilitators than lecturers. Question-and-answer sessions, group discussions and live...
- After fires are out, firefighters need support. // Graham Leader;4/24/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 72, p4A
The author reflects on the dangerous work of firefighters in Young County, Texas and their need of funds for fuel, equipment, insurance and training.
- FCtv: Are Volunteers Heroes? // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p3
The article shares views on why volunteer firefighters in the U.S. should be considered as heroes.
- Fire renews faith in volunteer firemen. Potts, Tricia // East Bernard Express (TX);5/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 20, p11
The article offers the author's insights on the appreciation for volunteer firefighters and smoke alarms in East Bernard, Texas as they save the house that was reportedly caught on fire by a lightning on May 14, 2010.
- VFD benefit held at Double Eagle Ranch. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);10/17/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 42, p8B
The article offers information about a meeting of Volunteer Firefighter (VFD) Benefit to be held on October 28, 2012 at Marble Falls in Texas for raising the funds for area VFDs.
- Sunday fire. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the big fire in the southern part of Clarendon, Texas, which was responded by Clarendon's volunteer firemen, on February 17, 2013.
- NVFC offers training grants. // Fire Engineering;May96, Vol. 149 Issue 5, p32
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council Foundation (NVFC) is offering grants to county, local and regional fire schools.