- FRONT OF THE LINE. Norwood Jr., P. J. // Fire Chief;Sep2008, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p58
The article discusses the need for fire dispatchers to have proper training to address the problem of lack of interoperability and communication as well as funding for the sector. According to the article, it is important to allocate an amount for their training since they are the first...
- SOMETIMES OIL AND FIRE DO MIX. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jun2012, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p38
The article presents information about the partnership between the Shell Oil Co. and the Kansas Fire & Rescue Training Institute at the University of Kansas, Kansas. It mentions that the Fire Training School will teach 50 volunteer firefighters from Harper and Barbar countries. Shell donated...
- News notes. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p66
Reports on developments concerning mobile radio technology in the United States as of August 1998. Includes World Wide Communications' opening of a SCADA and Telemetry Division in Kansas City, Missouri; Dataradio's move to integrate its Collision Avoidance Radio Multiple Access mobile data...
- Cheerful Little Earful. Fedorko, Bill // Boating;Feb2000, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p118
Presents several two-way Family Radio Service radios.
- Scanning... // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p77
Cites developments concerning land mobile radio systems in the United States as of March 2001. Inclusion of the amount to be provided by the Illinois FIRST Program for a statewide police radio communications system to improve public safety; Motorola's contract with the Kankakee County Emergency...
- Sutel warns of network rollout delays. // Latin America Telecom;May2012, p11
The article reports that Costa Rican watchdog Sutel has warned mobile operators on network deployment delays in view of the seven municipalities that have not yet given their permission on the installation of radio bases.
- City picks M/A-Com for compatibility. M.A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on the emergency response agencies' reevaluation of their radio communication networks that will migrate and evolve with the growing needs of the city in the U.S. Features of M/A-Com enhanced digital access communication system (EDACS); Reasons for using EDACS; Advantages of the system.
- Suppliers offer wide-ranging advice. Jackson, Donny // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2004, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p50
17. Presents the views of several representatives of land mobile radio vendors on land mobile radio dealers in the U.S. in 2004. Business strategies; Need for dealers to adapt their business to a fast-changing environment; Provision of value-added services to customers.
- PassPort exposes dirty secret. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul2002, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p20
Features the use of PassPort trunking protocol to expose and overcome the dirty secret among dealers involving mobile radio systems. Requirement needed to operate PassPort; Use of subscriber-unit electronic serial numbers; Problem with stolen airtime.