Budget Crisis Needs Many Team Solutions
- TAX INCIDENCE ASSUMPTIONS AND FISCAL BURDENS BY STATE. Long, Stephen H.; Settle, Russell F. // National Tax Journal;Dec82, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p449
This article examines the sensitivity of estimates of fiscal burdens by state to tax incidence assumptions in the U.S. The measure of sensitivity is the potential relative error resulting from the use of alternative incorrect tax incidence assumptions rather than the true set of assumptions....
- PAYING FOR PUBLIC GOODS: A NOTE ON EFFICIENT REVENUE COLLECTION AND EXPENDITURE. Holahan, William L.; Kroncke, Charles O. // Journal of Economics & Economic Education Research;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p99
Introductory level diagrams are employed to demonstrate a very important economic principle: public-sector efficiency may require that expenditure decisions and tax revenue collection be separated and performed by different levels of government. Applying the production-possibility curve to...
- RECOGNIZING THE COMPETITIVE NATURE OF GENERAL REVENUE SHARING GRANTS. Johnson, Marvin B. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul77, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p143
Focuses on the recognition of the competitive nature of general revenue sharing (GRS) grants. Dependence of GRS on tax collections; Interdependency of post-GRS budget constraints; Effects of grants on recipient government fiscal behavior.
- Nexus News. Gall, Maryann B.; Kulwicki, Laura A. // Journal of State Taxation;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
The article discusses the change in U.S. state taxes in Ohio, Michigan and Texas which is designed to fill the gaps in state budgets. It was then concluded that broad gross receipts tax structures followed in three states significantly expound the scope of taxing authority. It notes that...
- FEDERAL-STATE REVENUE SHARING. Plummer, James L. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul66, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p120
The pattern of per capita receipts of shared revenues flowing to individual states varies greatly as the relative size of the equalization portion increases. The aggregate functional use distribution of shared revenues for the richer states does not differ much from the functional uses of the...
- I. PROPOSED "GENERAL REVENUE SHARING". // Congressional Digest;Apr71, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p102
Focuses on the proposed General Revenue Sharing Act of 1971. Appropriation of revenue sharing; Definition of general revenue of State; Payments by States to local governments.
- ESD No. 3 approves ambulance, tables monitor purchase. Kopecki, Pat // Wilson County News;8/13/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p7A
The article reports on the Wilson County Emergency Services District No. 3 board's approval of the purchase of an ambulance during its meeting on August 7, 2014, while a proposal to purchase tables was rejected due to lack of available funds.
- No on Crash Tax in Chula Vista. Herrera, Ed // La Prensa San Diego;6/11/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p6
The article discusses the author's sentiments about the proposed crash tax, dubbed as emergency services cost recovery fee, in Chula Vista, California.
- Momentum gathers for hotel tax increases. BURKEY, BRENT // Central Penn Business Journal;9/30/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the proposed legislation on the increase in the local hotel-room tax in 2011 in York County, Pennsylvania. It asserts that a revenue-sharing agreement is yet to be completed by county officials before the legislation will be proposed by state lawmakers. It indicates that...