Training Grants Available
- TargetSafety Training Grant. // Children & Youth Funding Report;1/9/2009, p32
The article informs that firefighter training company TargetSafety Inc. (TS) in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs have formed the TargetSafety funding initiative to provide an online training grant to Volunteer and Combination Departments. TS has just notified winners...
- Online training grants announced for volunteer and combination departments. // Fire Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p59
The article reports that online training grants are being offered to U.S. volunteer and combination fire departments by Target Safety, a provider of online enterprise risk management solutions for public outfits, and the Volunteer & Combination Offices Section (VCOS) of the International...
- Orange County graduates new volunteer firefighters. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/25/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p3
The article offers information on the Firefighter Graduation ceremony held by the Orange County Fire Training Center in Goshen, New York in which thirty volunteer firefighters were awarded with certificates upon the completion of the summer program.
- Ohio Chief: State Law Costing Us Volunteers. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;10/12/2011, p3
The article reports on the statement of Bill Bergen, Bakersville fire chief, on the 2008 state law, which requires volunteer firefighters to take 18 hours of training each year.
- Junior Firefighter. Ryman, Gary R. // Boys' Quest;Oct/Nov2011, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p38
The article presents details of the training that one undergoes when one volunteers to be a Junior Firefighter.
- Out of the box exercises. // Crisis Response Journal;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the three exercises for volunteer firefighters with Chief Fire Officer Hans Sevenstern prepared by the commander of the VRR-Oost firefighters in the Netherlands to deal with unexpected and fast-moving circumstances.
- Farm Bureau to sponsor firefighter. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);5/ 8/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p2
The article discusses the sponsorship by Bosque County Farm Bureau and the Texas Farm Bureau of a volunteer firefighter of Bosque County, Texas who will join the Annual Municipal Fire Training School at Texas A&M University in summer of 2013.
- IAFC receives DHS grant for National Fire Fighter Near-Miss Reporting System. // Fire Engineering;Sep2008, Vol. 161 Issue 9, p68
The article announces the presentation of a $989,068 grant to the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Assistance to Firefighters Grant.
- Fire Corps offers free online classes in March. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;2/25/2013, p1
The article announces that Fire Corps offered free online firefighting training through its Fire Corps Academy program in March 2013.