Congress Passes Fire Safety Act
- Election 2004: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? Miller, M. H. // Community College Week;11/22/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the proposals of U.S. President George W. Bush on higher education for his second-term. Information on issues that will affect the proposals of Bush on higher education; Focus of the second-term domestic-policy agenda of Bush; List of legislative bills introduced by the U.S. House...
- Acts Approved by the President. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/23/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p794
Provides information on the legislative bills that were approved by U.S. President George W. Bush on June 17, 2003. House Resolution 192 or Public Law 108-31; Senate Resolution 273 or the Public Law No. 108-32; Provisions of the laws.
- AND WHO ISOLATED US? BUCHANAN, PATRICK J. // National Observer;Summer2006/2007, Issue 71, p66
The article discusses the political strategy of U.S. President George W. Bush in the United States government. Bush is campaigning for renewal of fast track authority. Under fast track, Congress aggress to give up its constitutional right to amend trade treaties. The said campaign was adopted...
- New year, old issues. Dobias, Matthew // Modern Healthcare;1/14/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on issues which are expected to be part of broad healthcare/Medicare legislation in the U.S. in early 2008. The Congress has approved and President George W. Bush signed a bill that temporarily reverses what would have been about a 10 percent Medicare pay cut to doctors, and...
- RULES & REGS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Reports developments related to health care legislative bills in the U.S. as of April 2003. Plan of President George W. Bush to overhaul the Medicare system; Budget resolution passed by the House Budget Committee; Approval of the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2003 by the House...
- Statement on House of Representatives Action on Legislation To Reinstate the Draft. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/11/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p2261
Presents a statement issued by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 5, 2005 regarding the decision of the House to reject the Reinstate the Draft bill.
- Statement on Congressional Action on Fiscal Year 2005 Omnibus Appropriations Legislation. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/29/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p2850
Presents a statement given by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Congress for reaching agreement on the 2005 omnibus appropriations bill. Step taken by Bush to strengthen the economy of the U.S.; Overview of the domestic priorities of the Bush administration.
- Statement on Pension Reform Legislation. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/14/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 32, p1441
The article presents a statement given by U.S. President George W. Bush on August 4, 2006. He discussed comprehensive reforms to U.S. pension system delivered by the U.S. Congress which will provide information for the workers about their pension plans. He emphasized the benefits of the...
- WASHINGTON OUTLOOK. Gray, Gerry // American Forests;Summer2005, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p17
This article reports on the stiff resistance to U.S. President George W. Bush's spending proposals that adversely affect rural communities. The House has passed its Interior Appropriations bill (HR 2361), but the Senate has only just moved its version of the bill through the initial subcommittee...