2008 - Review: Little evidence exists on the benefits and harms of screening for and treating gestational diabetes
- DoH 'slow to move on diabetes'. // GP: General Practitioner;12/1/2003, p21
Great Britain government is dragging its feet over research on screening for people at high risk of diabetes, claims Diabetes UK. According to the diabetes NSF, the national screening committee should publish guidance in 2005 on targeted screening, such as for older people with a family history...
- Screening for Diabetic Retinopathy. Singer, Daniel E.; Nathan, David M.; Fogel, Howard A.; Schachat, Andrew P. // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/15/92, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p660
Determines the appropriate patients, methods and timing for screening for diabetic retinopathy. Description of diabetic retinopathy; Therapeutic interventions for the disease; Techniques for screening for diabetic retinopathy.
- Screening changes recommended for osteoporosis and diabetes. Gottlieb, Scott // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/26/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7234, p532
Focuses on the studies which recommended screening changes for complications of osteoporosis and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Examination of the clinical efficacy of annual eye examinations for diabetic patients; Findings of the studies.
- Gestational Screen. // GP: General Practitioner;10/10/2012, p6
The article presents information on the findings of a study according to which selective screening for gestational diabetes in at-risk women misses 7.3% of adverse birth outcomes as well as 6.9% of neonatal admissions associated with gestational diabetes.
- Focus on diabetes. Godlee, Fiona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/8/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7618, p456
This article introduces the theme of the issue which is diabetes research and the issue of screening people for early diagnosis.
- Screening for Diabetes Mellitus. Singer, Daniel E.; Samet, Jeffrey H.; Coley, Christopher M.; Nathan, David M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/88, Vol. 109 Issue 8, p639
Analyzes the clinical and epidemiologic studies which focused on screening for type 1, type II, and gestational diabetes. Information on diabetes mellitus; Categories of diabetes; Characteristics of diabetes; Criteria for diagnosing diabetes mellitus; Recommendations for the screening of...
- The Greater Hudson Valley Family Health Center offers diabetes screening and informational event. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/20/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p23
The article announces that the Greater Hudson Valley Family Health Center will be hosting a free Diabetes Screening and Informational Event on September 25, 2010 in New York.
- GP BUSINESS: Collaborative pilot hits the right target. Persaud, Joy // GP: General Practitioner;11/17/2003, p59
Sufferers of osteoporosis and diabetes may have remained unaware of their conditions were it not for the collaborative working of GPs and their local pharmacy. Pharmacists at Yardleys Chemist at Romford in Essex, England which has three GP practices within one mile, Havering PCT pharmaceutical...
- Comment on: Prevalence of Diabetes in people aged >30 years: The results of screening program of Yazd province, Iran in 2012. Sadeghi, Masoumeh; Dehghani, Mohsen; Akbar Haghdoost, Ali; Saadati, Hassan // Journal of Research in Health Sciences;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p167
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Prevalence of Diabetes in people aged >30 years: The results of screening program of Yazd province, Iran in 2012" by M. H. Lotfi, H. Saadati, and M. Afzali in a 2014 issue along with a response from one of the authors.