2008 - Metoprolol prevented myocardial infarction but increased risk for stroke and death after noncardiac surgery
- TARTRATE OR SUCCINATE? LAWSON, DORI // Clinical Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p90
No abstract available.
- METOPROLOL IMPROVES IRREGULARITY OF VENTRICULAR RATE IN PATIENTS WITH PERMANENT ATRIAL FIBRILLATION. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA114
An abstract of the article "Metoprolol Improves Irregularity of Ventricular Rate in Patients with Permanent Atrial Fibrillation," by A. Bajpai, V. Batchvarov, A. Kiotsekoglou, K. Dougal, A. Grimster and A.J. Camm is presented.
- Regression of carotid atherosclerosis by control of morning blood pressure peak in newly diagnosed hypertensive patients. Marfella, Raffaele; Siniscalchi, Mario; Nappo, Francesco; Gualdiero, Pasquale; Esposito, Katherine; Sasso, Ferdinando Carlo; Cacciapuoti, Federico; Di Filippo, Clara; Rossi, Francesco; D’Amico, Michele; Giugliano, Dario // American Journal of Hypertension;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p308
Background: Morning blood pressure (BP) peak may be a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Whether morning BP should be a target of hypertension treatment is not known. We investigated the relationship between morning BP variations, carotid internal-medial thickness (CIMT), circulating...
- Effects of Î²-blockers in patients undergoing noncardiac surgery. Mastracci, Tara M.; Aarts, Mary-Anne; Cassivi, Stephen D.; Garcia, Santiago A.; McLean, Richard F.; McFalls, Edward O. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct2010, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p342
The article offers information on the effect of extended-release metoprolol succinate on noncardiac surgery patients. A randomized controlled trial was performed on 8351 patients at risk of atherosclerotic disease who will undergo noncardiac surgery. It says that the patients who have taken...
- Risks and benefits of perioperative ÃŸ-blockers. // Reactions Weekly;5/24/2008, Issue 1203, p1
The article discusses the results of the PeriOperative iSchemic Evaluation Trial (POISE) study. According to the study, various outcomes experienced by patient with, or at risk of, atherosclerotic diseases are associated with their intake of perioperative metoprolol. Some outcomes are non-fatal...
- Metroprolol: High or low dose is beneficial in patients with heart failure. // Formulary;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p503
Examines the therapeutic benefits of Metoprolol on patients with heart failure. Total mortality of patients with metoprolol; Findings of Metoprolol Randomized Intervention trial in heart failures; Interpretations on the results of intervention trials.
- Prescribing Update. Lobuono, Charlotte // Patient Care;5/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p15
Presents several prescription drugs, indications and usage. Esomeprazole magnesium; Galantamine; Metoprolol ER.
- Metoprolol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;1/9/2010 Part 2 of 2, Issue 1283, p67
The article describes a case of hypotension in a 45-year-old woman who ingested an overdose of metoprolol.
- Amlodipine/metoprolol overdose. // Reactions Weekly;Oct2015, Vol. 1571 Issue 1, p19
The article presents a case study of a 51 year old man, who developed shock after having an overdose of amlodipine and metoprolol.