Delegation Considerations for Nursing Practice
- RNs and UAPs: Not much difference? Smith, Shirley Ann; Letizia, Betty // RN;Jul98, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p37
Looks at the difference between unlicensed caregivers and registered nurses. Details on the experiences of a registered nurse as a hospital patient; How this experience impacted on the nurse's view of the professionalism of some nurses in the 1990s.
- how the other half lives. Buswell, Christopher // Nursing Older People;Apr2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p33
Presents the author's view on the duties of a care assistant. Comparison made between the duties involved in providing patient care as a nurse and that of the carer; Benefits derived by enhancing knowledge on clinical issues through the network with other nurses; Discussion on the disadvantages...
- FILIPINO DOMESTIC VICTORY. // Herizons;Spring2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on the nursing program for Filipino nurses working as domestic workers in Canada. Impact of the program on the Live-in Caregiver Program; Views of nurse Joyce Lovifos on the issue; Confirmation on the permanent residency among Filipino and foreign-trained nurses.
- Full funding for the nursing act. // AHA News;10/21/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 41, p4
Editorial. Discusses the need for the U.S. Congress to approve an appropriations bill that will fund the Nurse Reinvestment Act in the U.S. Benefits of the bill for nurses in the country; Information on the amount of funding needed; Background on the shortage of caregivers and support staff in...
- New Action Guide Available to Promote Awareness of Caregiving Issues. // ONS News;Apr2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the action guide that suggests activities to help build support for individuals providing care and those receiving it. Internet address for the action guide.
- Does Informal Care from Adult Children Reduce Nursing Home Admissions for the Elderly? Sasso, Anthony T. Lo; Johnson, Richard W. // Inquiry (00469580);Fall2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p279
Despite the policy importance, particularly as society ages, little is known about the impact of informal care on nursing home admissions. This paper jointly models the receipt of regular help from adult children and subsequent nursing home care, using data from the Study of Asset and Health...
- Ask: The Care Expert. Dornberger, Sherrie // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jun2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p6
The article offers information on the need for nursing homes to do some reteaching, one-on-one education of caregivers.
- Nurses end up as caregivers in N. Z. // Filipino Reporter;5/4/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p26
The article reports that Filipino nurses are being lured to New Zealand only to end up being tied to caregiving jobs at rest homes.
- Complementary Nursing Care. Vanderbilt, Shirley // Massage & Bodywork;Dec/Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p136
Focuses on the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in the U.S. Responsibility of CAM in nursing care; Therapeutic effects of massage for caregivers of patients; Power of hand massage to decrease anxiety in patients.