Improving Employee Motivation and Retention in Call Centers: Is Adding Layers the Answer?
- Top Call Centers. Gilson, Keith A.; Khandelwal, Deepak K. // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Nov2006, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p15
This article talks about how call centers can be strategic assets to businesses. According to the authors, only when companies have developed a customer service strategy that balances costs, revenue generated and quality can they transform their call centers into strategic assets. They said that...
- Effective Call Center Supervision. Coen, Dan // Customer Interface;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p10
Discusses the process of developing daily supervisor duties at call centers. Supervisor's responsibility for educating, motivating and supporting his team of agents; Service-oriented position of the supervisor; Need for the supervisor to be available to affect the entirety of the team's operations.
- InQueue. Anton, Jon // Customer Interface;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
Presents a survey of call center executives regarding the management, technology and business processes used in their call centers. Amount of time spent in monitoring a trend; Frequency of the creation of reports that show trends.
- Easy Access. Cleveland, Brad // Operations & Fulfillment;Aug2002, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p26
Discusses the principles of managing call center service levels. Definition of service level; Methods for calculating staff required for contacts; Tips on improving service levels.
- CALL CENTRES: HOW CAN SERVICE QUALITY BE MANAGED? Gilmore, Audrey; Moreland, Lesley // Irish Marketing Review;2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
Investigates how call centers can approach the management and assessment of their business in terms of dealing with a large number and variety of calls, managing the service quality of these calls and how management can overcome the high staff turnover rate. Growth in the size and popularity of...
- MANAGING CUSTOMER SERVICES: HUMAN RESOURCE PRACTICES, QUIT RATES, AND SALES GROWTH. Batt, Rosemary // Academy of Management Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p587
This study examined the relationship between human resource practices, employee quit rates, and organizational performance in the service sector. Drawing on a unique, nationally representative sample of call centers, multivariate analyses showed that quit rates were lower and sales growth was...
- Protect your guardian angels. Ryeland, Simon // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p22
Discusses guidelines to prevent staff turnover in call centers in Great Britain. Recruitment; Human resource management; Training; Outsourcing.
- Getting to know you. McCurry, Patrick; O'Riley, Mary Kate // Director (00123242);Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the benefits of changes in the strategy of call center businesses in Great Britain. Overview of the approach used by call centers; Significance to an improvement in staff turnovers and customer satisfaction levels at information technology company ICL; Statistical data on staff...
- How can we curb call centre turnover? // People Management;10/16/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 21, p64
The article presents questions and answers related to staff turnover rates at a call center.