What Is M&A Performance?
- Volume & Value for U.S. M&A. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/8/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p1
Presents a graphical representation of merger and acquisition deal volume and value in the U.S. from July 26, 2005 to August 1, 2005.
- A few things to consider. Simpson, Wayne A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/8/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 20, p12
Presents some guidelines that would help business enterprises complete a successful merger and acquisition deal. Significance of cash flow in the transaction; Benefit of replacing worn out equipment for the pricing of the deal; Examples of things that may add value to a business.
- Thomson Financial Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p6
The article presents several charts summarizing the mergers and acquisitions, and divestitures in the U.S., including public mergers that are greater than $50 million, private mergers greater than $50 million, and divestitures more than $50 million.
- SALES & ACQUISITIONS. // Machine Design;1/6/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p34
Reports on the acquisition in the machinery industry as of January 6, 2005. Acquirement of heat-sink and fan manufacturer EUMAX by Vette Corp.; Sale of the polyurethane timing-belt business of Mectrol Corp. to Gates Corp.; Purchase of Acadia Elastomers Corp. by Parker Hannifin Corp.
- Tribulations: Sam Zell ties his fortunes to Tribune. Rosenthal, John // Crain's Chicago Business;1/21/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p24
The article presents information on the acquisition of Tribune Co. by Sam Zell, Chicago, Illinois based billionaire. It reports that as part of the deal, Zell became chairperson of the Tribune board and Chief Executive Officer of the company, overseeing efforts to get the paper back on track. If...
- M&A Activity Steady but Not Surging. // Public Accounting Report;6/15/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the stability of the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the U.S. in 2010. Survey shows that 20 firms closed a total of 25 deals through June 15 this year. Chief executive officer (CEO) Terry Putney notes that the timeframe was extended though several buyers still...
- after the acquisition. Parsons, Bronwen // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the development and implication of mergers of professional firms in Canada. A survey reveals that mergers and buyouts of consulting engineering firms in the country happen almost every week. This suggests that the life for engineers after their small firm becomes part of a...
- NET6 PURCHASE GIVES CITRIX SSL APPLIANCE. Rooney, Paula // CRN;11/29/2004, Issue 1123, p4
Predicts that the acquisition of Net6 is good for Citrix Systems. Services that will be provided by the acquisition for the company; Other vendors targeted by Citrix for acquisition; Result of the purchase of Net6.
- Buying game begins. Lafferty, Brennan // Waste & Recycling News;3/21/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p8
The article presents the author's comments on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity, which is expected to rise in 2011. The author states that M&A is not a game, as the businesses are being bought and sold. According to the author, an acquisition can be a ticket to retirement for many people,...