A Note on the Value of Patents as Indicators of Innovation: Implications for Management Research
- Comparative Study of Methods for Feature Extraction in Opinion Mining. Mehta, Rudri; Shaikh, Anish; Patel, Namrata; Mehta, Ravija; Patel, Devangshi; Patel, Himadri // National Journal of System & Information Technology (NJSIT);Jun2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p31
Sentiment analysis or Opinion mining aims at determining what other people think, comment and gives their opinion. Opinion can be positive or negative. Feature extraction in sentiment analysis is now becoming an active area of research. Features can be implicit or explicit feature. For finding...
- Online statistical techniques as patent search tools. Lambert, Nancy // Database;Feb/Mar96, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p74
Reports on the misinterpretation of patent statistics. Online statistical techniques; Introduction of Pergamon InfoLine GET command; Online statistical tools.
- Virtual file merging: A technique to enhance patent searches. Lambert, Nancy; Richmond, Chevron // Database;Oct/Nov97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on the use of virtual merging as an effective technique in the enhancement of patent searches. Difficulty in the determining of patent infringement by patent searchers' clients; Patent databases' provision of controlled indexing and chemical coding; Involvement of a combination of...
- Brevetti provetti: un'analisi esplorativa dei brevetti "di rottura" italiani del settore farmaceutico. Biagiotti, Andrea; Faraoni, Natalia // Sociologia del Lavoro;2011, Issue 122, p81
The paper introduces the results of an exploratory research on a sample of European pharmaceutical patents. A patent is considered the output of a socio-economic process oriented to innovation. After ranking the sample according to the patents' respective innovative degree as judged by a panel...
- MicroPatent Donates Patent Technology Centers. // Information Today;Apr1992, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p30
The article reports that marketplace, MicroPatent has announced plans to donate Patent Technology Centers to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Depository Libraries in Connecticut, New York and California during 1992. The Centers are computerized public resource facilities containing the most...
- ADVENTURES OF THE YATOI. Mackay, Alan L. // Sciences;Oct81, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on the implications of technological innovations for the Japanese society. Historical background of the country; Efforts of the country to learn science and technology; Contributions of scientific missionary James Alfred to the course of science in the country.
- Technology development: a New England inspiration. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Sep2001, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p10
Confronts the skepticism to changes from advancement in science and technology. Criticisms to perspectives on technological innovations; History of the development of advanced technology; Perceptions on the application of advanced technology.
- The Slow Pace of Rapid Technological Change: Gradualism and Punctuation in Technological Change. Levinthal, Daniel A. // Industrial & Corporate Change;Jun98, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p217
Discussions of technological change have offered sharply contrasting perspectives of technological change as gradual or incremental and the image of technological change as being rapid, even discontinuous. These alternative perspectives are bridged using the punctuated equilibrium framework of...
- Personal View. Batten, L.W. // British Medical Journal;10/13/1979, Vol. 2 Issue 6195, p931
Comments on the effects of technological innovations on humanity and medicine. Replacement of human skills; Increase in unemployment; Impact of technological innovations on the diagnosis and treatment of disease.