Showing their RUFF SIDE
- Spaniel. // Encyclopedia of Animals;2006, p1
Spaniels belong to the group of dogs called sporting dogs. Spaniels are very good hunting and household dogs as well as good pets for children. The nine breeds of spaniels are American water, clumber, cocker, English cocker, English springer, field, Irish water, Sussex, and Welsh springer.
- The Irish Red and White Setter. Bixler, Alice // Dog World;Oct2006, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p50
The article presents information on the Irish red and white setter. During the 1800, Irish setter has three distinct strains. The solid-red setter originated from the north of Ireland and the parti-color red and white was found in the south and west. A January 1876 record shows that red and...
- Next-Generation Superdogs. MUELLER, LARRY // Outdoor Life;Apr99, Vol. 203 Issue 3, p44
Presents information on breeding of hunting dogs. Factors which contribute to the enhancement of subsequent generations of hunting dogs; Description of the offspring of bred dogs; Information on DNA and RNA.
- Erin Go Braugh. HORAN, STEPHANIE // Dog World;Aug2010, Vol. 95 Issue 8, p22
The article offers information on the Irish Red and White Setter dog breed. The breed is experiencing a growth in popularity as it is ranked 80 out of 164 breeds according to American Kennel Club 2009 registration statistics. The important role played by the breed in history is discussed. Such...
- Irish Red and White Setter. // Dog World;Jul96, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p127
Features the Irish Red and White Setter dog breeds. General appearance; Body proportions; Behavior/temperament; Coat texture; Color.
- The luck of the Irish setter. Pflaumer, Sharon // Dog World;Jul97, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the Irish setter as an ideal pet and companion. Physical appearance; History; Skills as a bird dog; Behavior; Training and exercise; Breeding; Health; Guidelines for purchase.
- Irish setter. // Dog World;Jul97, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p58
Provides information on the Irish setter. General appearance; Size, proportion and substance; Head; Neck, topline and body; Forequarters; Hindquarters; Coat; Color; Gait; Temperament.
- the Shiba Inu. Horan, Stephanie // Dog World;Dec2006, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p22
The article features the Shiba Inu, the smallest of the six native Japanese breed. The Shiba's size is small and its agility makes it able to maneuver steep hills and mountainous terrain. It is a superb hunting dog because of its keen senses and tenacity, as well as an excellent watchdog. The...
- A Look at Rare Terriers. Bixler, Alice // Dog World;Sep2008, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p38
The article offers information on the rare breeds of terriers. The Cesky terrier or the Bohemian terrier was developed in 1949 in the Czech Republic by Frantisek Horak. The Deutscher Jagdterrier or German Hunting Terrier was bred by a group of hunters following World War I. The Terrier...