- DEC embraces less combative policy in dealing with `customers.' Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/23/95, Vol. 34 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the customer friendly approach adopted by the state Department of Environmental Conservation. Most recent change; What will be exempted from detailed review; Contribution from officials and staffers; Issuing of SPDES (State Pollutant Discharge Elimination System) permits; Benefits of...
- Mayors' environmental racism policy wrong-headed. Ward, Janet // American City & County;Aug98, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p4
Editorial. Discusses the reaction of residents of Chester, Pennsylvania, to the environmental policy of the United States Department of Environmental Protection. Comparision of mortality rates and cancer deaths in Chester to the rest of Delaware County; Opposal of the policy by the US...
- Don't remove lean-to in Hurricane Primitive Area, locals ask DEC. Lynch, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/19/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 67, p1
The article discusses the proposal by the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to remove and relocate the Gulf Brook lean-to under the State Land Master Plan for the Jay Mountain Wilderness and Hurricane Mountain Primitive Area.
- City residents voice concerns on housing complex. Bellon, Rob // Pipe Dream;2/ 2/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the public hearing about the proposed student housing project at the Binghamton University Downtown Center in New York City. It states that the project is proposed by the Newman Development Group LLC. It notes that the decision for aesthetic approval of the project is...
- Most letters to DEC in favor of fire towers. Lynch, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 112, p1
The article reports on the favor of most writers who submitted letters to the state Department of Environmental Conservation to keep the structure of the St. Regis and Hurricane mountain fire towers in New York.
- BRIEFLY. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p10
Reports developments related to trucking industry in the United States. Deadline set by United States Environmental Protection Agency on diesel engine manufacturers for cleaner-operating diesel engines; Mandatory requirement for carriers to install reflectors on other trailers; Survey on...
- FIFRA Scientific Advisory Panel; Notice of Public Meeting. Knott, Steven M. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;4/2/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 63, p19705
The article offers information on a public meeting organized by the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act Scientific Advisory Panel (FIFRA SAP) of the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection, to be held on June 25-28, 2013 in Washington D.C.
- Hamilton Co. officials fight DEC road closure. Lynch, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/13/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 113, p1
The article reports on the move by Hamilton County officials to argue the decision of the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) regarding the road closure in the Moose River Plains in Adirondacks, New York.
- Block of DEP waiver bill is in Senate's hands now. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;7/9/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on an initiative to block a rule that authorizes the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection to issue waivers of regulation