THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
- In Brief. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p41
Reports developments related to ophthalmology as of September 2003. Sale of the contact lens care facility of Alcon to AMO Manufacturing; Launch of a private-label credit card program for optical retailer customers; Details on the offering of a training program by Essilor of America Inc. for...
- Inserts sales increase 61% in third quarter. // Ophthalmology Times;12/1/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p29
This article reports that according to manufacturer Addition Technology Inc., third-quarter 2004 sales of micro-thin prescription inserts in the U.S. increased 61% over the same quarter in 2003,
- MOVERS & SHAKERS. // Ocular Surgery News;8/25/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p34
The article presents an update on personnel changes in the ophthalmology sector including the appointment of Naveed Shams at Santen Inc., the death of Arthur L. Rosenbaum, and the appointment of Rodney W. Unsworth at Bausch + Lomb.
- Eye Care in Venezuela: A Broad Spectrum. Sabbagh, Omar Mekari // Review of Ophthalmology;Jun2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p123
Evaluates the status of ophthalmology in Venezuela. Inefficiency of national health system; Objectives of the Venezuelan Ophthalmology Society; Inadequacy of education in surgery.
- Focused, Secured, Marked and Captured. // Review of Ophthalmology;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p90
Features several products and equipment used in ophthalmology. Eye care formula; Digital image capture; Videorefraction system; Optical illusion; Eyewear.
- NOTICES. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Sep2002, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p1068
Reports on news and developments related to ophthalmology, compiled as of September 1, 2002. Sight Savers International's receiving the 2002 Nathan Davis International Award in Medicine and Public Health; Eye health discussion between ophthalmologists and patients published in the 'Community...
- Free course places offered. // Optometry Today;8/9/2013, Vol. 53 Issue 16, p8
The article reports on the 23 places that are being offered on a three-day ophthalmic public health course to be held at Association of British Dispensing Opticians (ABDO) College in Kent, England in August 2013.
- President's Message. Khan, Y. Ali // Eye Care Review;Aug2007, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the Optometry section that provides an opportunity for optometrists across Canada to obtain their continuing education (CE) through correspondence, the Opticianry section that offers convenience in keeping abreast of...
- Self-Assessment Examination. // 20/20;Apr2009 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p95
A quiz concerning care and hygiene for eyes is presented.