PUTTING YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD
- Clear View: Tips for Selecting Effective Anti-Fog Safety Lenses. Johnson, Phil // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;11/12/2014, p1
The article discusses issues concerning anti-fog lens coatings. Topics covered include the importance of anti-fog lenses for employee safety and productivity, different methods used for applying anti-fog coating to safety lenses and tips for selecting anti-fog lenses that deliver the greatest...
- Enforcement hassles versus actual risk. Eckhardt, Bob // Concrete Products;Jun2005, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p35
Focuses on the essentiality of wearing safety glasses in preventing eye injury. Requirement of the use of safety glasses for industrial workers; Assessment of the common incidents in concrete plants; Estimate of cost for eye injury treatment; Maintenance of industrial safety.
- Fashion, fit & FUNCTION. Maser, Rob // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p41
The article discusses the things to consider for a successful safety eyewear program. It emphasizes that safety eyewear must not only meet the standards but also the fashionable taste of employees. It notes that tinted lense can be for fashion and for function because the lense would limit the...
- Reduce vision risks with safety eyewear. Elsas, Robert // Occupational Hazards;Nov99, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p90
No abstract available.
- In the blink of an eye. Johnson, Dave // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p1
Discusses the importance of eye protection in an industrial setting. Risk of employees to job-related eye injuries; Relevance of safety eyewear to prevent eye injuries; Levels of protection provided by lenses.
- New eye protection standard features several key changes. Hierbaum, John // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p32
Presents the key changes in the American National Standard Practice for Occupational and Educational Personal Eye Protective Devices (Z87.1-2003). Need for safety professionals to familiarize themselves with the revised American National Standard Institute Z87.1-2003; Role of the American...
- Specifying correct eyewear. // Plant & Works Engineering;Jul2012, Issue 364, p47
The article discusses a research on using correct safety eyewear by Jim Lythgow, director of strategic alliances, Specsavers Corporate Eyecare, which was undertaken among 143 companies. The research revealed that only 14% of health and safety professionals knew the correct level of impact for...
- RUNWAY/REALWAY. // Marie Claire (US Edition);Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p56
The article presents information on round, oversize lenses with coloredplastic rims. The price of the shades is reasonable.
- Polarised Sea Specs. Hall, Sarah // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;4/19/2004, Issue 1714, p38
At first glance, Sea Specs might look like an ordinary pair of shades. But these are very different from one's everyday sunnies. Sea Specs are specifically designed for wearing in the water, particularly during water sports. Their polarised lenses mean one can actually see underwater, plus they...