- THE OPTICIAN'S CORNER. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;4/1/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p111
The article presents the author's discussion on various topics which includes the Vision Expo East, online consumer and learning how to fit contact lenses into children.
- Plastics: The Next Wave in Sunglasses. Holt, Emily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/5/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 70, p26
Reports on the latest trend for sunglasses. Popularity of plastic sunglasses; Presentation of oversize plastic styles for fall and late spring collections at Vision Expo East; Creation of lenses in neutral colors.
- KEEPING IT SIMPLE. Santini, Barry // 20/20;Oct2007, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p96
The article reports on how to make lenses and eyewear selection process easier for consumers in the U.S. For most people who have a hard time picking their own set of eyeglasses, makers should see to it that they have enough eyewear choices and teach them to be intuitive. Consumers should also...
- Customer insight. O'HARE, RYAN // Optometry Today;3/7/2015, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p14
Statistics are given regarding findings of a survey conducted by medical company CooperVision related to satisfaction of consumers of eyewears which include average satisfaction among contact lens and spectacle wearers, visiting opticians by patients and alternative methods for getting eyewears.
- Explaining 'Value' Regardless of the Price. Axelrad, Marge // Vision Monday;9/24/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p5
The author discusses the trend for the optical and eyecare industry as of September 2007. According to the author, the industry continues to do well in the market. Consumers respond to new eyewear styles and lens options which also influence the sales of sunwear as well. However, the wide...
- Understanding Lens Performance from Wearers of Monthly Replacement Contact Lenses. // Optometry Today;6/13/2008, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p39
The article highlights the findings of a survey on the attitude of wearers of monthly replacement soft lenses toward the performance of their lenses. The online survey included consumers aged 18 to 40 years and was conducted in France between October and November 2007. It discovered 20 different...
- What do consumers want from opticians? // Optometry Today;9/17/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 18, p26
The article focuses on a report regarding consumer preference from opticians in Great Britain. Key Note research entitled "Opthalmic Goods and Services" reveals that goods prices and services are key drivers consumers are looking for in an optician. It also reveals that 40 percent wears glasses...
- Shooting with Helmet Cameras. Long, Ben // Macworld;Sep2009, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p74
The article offers information on the important features for helmet cameras. An ideal helmet camera should be very small and light which are offered in two basic designs to give buyers various options to choose from. Buyers need to consider the cameras capability to catch the view because helmet...
- A Consumer's Guide to Contact Lenses (Book). Sullivan, Micaela D. // Library Journal;8/1/1982, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p1473
Reviews the book 'A Consumer's Guide to Contact Lenses,' by Spencer E. Sherman.