The Water Moratorium: Takings, Markets, and Public Choice Implications of Water Districts
- Texas Water Agency Asks Court to Settle Oklahoma Water Dispute. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/19/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32550, p36
The article reports on the plan of officials form the Tarrant Regional Water District in Texas to appear in an Oklahoma court to ask a judge to prohibit the Oklahoma Water Resources Board from denying their petitions to secure water rights for the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. It also reports on...
- No statutory moratorium in a CVA. Niekirk, Paul; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Sep2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1297, p95
Reports on a case related to statutory moratorium procedures for company voluntary arrangements (CVA) in Great Britain. "Alman v Approach Housing Ltd"; Ruling of the High Court about a creditor's right to take action in order to give the CVA efficacy.
- Engaging Irrigation Organizations in Water Reallocation. GRIFFIN, RONALD C. // Natural Resources Journal;Fall2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p277
Rising water scarcity in the Western United States cannot be well addressed without strong reallocation of agriculturally assigned water rights. Irrigation organizations are necessary participants in this process. This article examines the special conditions and problems of improving the...
- Texas Lawmakers OK Toll-Road Moratorium. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/24/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32614, p1
The article reports on the approval of two-year moratorium on private toll-road financing by the Texas Senate. The moratorium has been unanimously approved by the Senate after near-unanimous support in the House. However, legislators need to settle out differences between the two bills before...
- Comment. Lancefield, Robert L.; Verleger, Philip K.; McDonough, William H. // California Law Review;Jan1942, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p172
Discusses mortgage moratoria legislation in California and privilege to interfere with contract relations. Provisions of the Chattel Mortgage, Mortgage and Trust Deed Moratorium Act; Decision of the California Supreme Court in the case Lumley versus Gye; Rules of the Restatement of Torts.
- A Different Niche? Gearon, Christpher J. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2004, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p16
Deals with the U.S. government's moratorium included in the Medicare reform bill enacted in December 2003 that temporarily restricts the spread of specialty hospitals in the country. Number of hospitals in the country which are allowed to continue operating under the moratorium; Other...
- Sick of McMansions, town bans building. Winzelberg, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/10/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 36, p5A
The article focuses on the enacting of a six-month building moratoriom by the Town of Oyster Bay in New York. According to the author, the moratorium excludes commercial development and residential projects already in the pipeline. He added that the Harbor Green Civic Association requested the...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Seward, Jim; Cox, Craig // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/21/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 29, pP26
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including suggestion to impose a two-year building moratorium, and the editorial on "Who could object to a 'green' power line?"
- Identity Formation and Autobiographical Memory: Two Interrelated Concepts of Development. Alyusheva, Anna R.; Nourkova, Veronika V. // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;2012, Issue 66, p285
The aim of the present paper is to investigate the interdependency among ego-identity status, autobiographical memory and cultural life story schema. The study shows considerable differences between autobiographical memory characteristics and "family script", which is typical for participants...