An Economic Dynamic Approach to the Infrastructure Commons
- When to Open Infrastructure Access. Mandel, Gregory N. // Ecology Law Quarterly;2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p205
This Essay comments on and develops Professor Brett Frischmann's concept of infrastructure commons, a theory which suggests that a variety of public and social resources (including information, transportation, environmental, and intellectual property resources) should be managed through open...
- Environmental Infrastructure. Frischmann, Brett M. // Ecology Law Quarterly;2008, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p151
This essay explores how my recent work on infrastructure and commons applies to environmental resources. Part I briefly describes the core idea, which is developed extensively elsewhere. Part II suggests how it might apply to the natural environment, touching on a number of interesting...
- Discussion: Public Land Policy in the Context of Planning-Programming-Budgeting Systems. Hjort, Howard W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec68, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p1685
Comments on an article about public land policy under the United States Planning-Programming-Budgeting Systems (PPBS). Framework of PBBS; Need to evaluate the goals of PBBS; Analysis of the effectiveness of PBBS in the goal formulation process.
- The Sagebrush Rebellion: The West Against Itselfâ€”Again. Wald, Johanna H.; Temkin, Elizabeth H. // UCLA Journal of Environmental Law & Policy;1982, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p187
The article describes the public lands and the status of Sagebrush Rebellion. The author states that the primary goal of the Sagebrush Rebellion is to secure the transfer to the states of the lands which is presently administered by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), an agency of the...
- Climate and the Commonsâ€”a reappraisal. Bunzl, Martin // Climatic Change;Nov2009, Vol. 97 Issue 1/2, p59
An essay is presented which examines whether the Tragedy of the Commons is one of the many reasons to be pessimistic about the challenge of climate change. It emphasizes the widespread belief that climate change is an instance of the Tragedy of the Commons par excellence. It describes the...
- Why pagers still matter. Bischoff, Glenn // Urgent Communications;Jan2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p54
The article explores why pagers still matter. The paging infrastructure is said to deliver messages simultaneously, while cellular networks deliver messages sequentially. Cellular networks also tend to be very unreliable during wide-scale emergencies. In addition, most cellular carriers limit...
- Infrastructure Analysis -- A New Culture of Analytics. // Information-management.com;12/30/2014, p1
Companies must question business data quality, probing all the way to the network level.
- $900M set aside for infrastructure. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p29
Reports on the benefits of the joint Ontario-Canada program that will see an investment in the renewal of public infrastructure for Northern Ontario.
- PROBLEMS OF THE TRANSPORT INFRASTRUCTURE IN KRASNOYARSK AND THE MAIN WAYS OF THEIR SOLUTIONS. Aleksandrovich, Khegay Yury // Theory & Practice of Social Development;2013, Issue 11, p1
This paper is devoted to the problems of the public transportation in Krasnoyarsk and the reasons the passengers prefer personal transport over the public one. The author studies the conditions of the city transportation system supporting the optimum transport infrastructure, which would...